The Sales Analyst will be responsible for tracking and daily operational processes and procedures that drive and improve sales and market reporting and analytics. This will include data maintenance and validation, reporting, and enhanced analytics. The role requires researching and validating data and ensuring the accuracy of data included in sales tracking tools. This includes monitoring, measuring and analyzing all aspects of our business development, relationship management and market intelligence.
This role will support the execution and continuous improvement of sales reporting, evaluate business development strategy, and work with our CRM, ERP and other technological platforms. The company currently utilizes Salesforce for its CRM platform.
The Sales Analyst will be highly detail-oriented, possess excellent communication skills, able to assemble and present findings, thrive when working with data, analyze results and understand key drivers of our business.
- Sales forecasting, reporting, dashboard maintenance, board reporting, metrics, pipeline evaluation, tracking against production goals, and building out new reporting capabilities
- Validation of sales activity through researching deal documentation
- Help with special data and business intelligence projects
- Support and maintain data quality in Salesforce
- Coordinate, analyze, and meet data needs among various internal groups
- Business Development-focused research projects into target markets and target accounts
- Work with our sales team to coordinate data entry and intelligence
- Ongoing data maintenance and hygiene
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in an analytical capacity
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, communication and presentation skills
- CRM experience
- Experience in financial services
- Knowledge of Salesforce and NetSuite
- B2B experience
- Some experience with market research - financial database, Capital IQ, LexisNexis, research from published data (not industry specific)
- Experience with ERP systems