The Senior DevOps Engineer will be responsible for managing our production cloud environment by maintaining availability, scalability, disaster recovery and backup systems, system security, and performance. The Senior DevOps Engineer is responsible for resolving complex issues that involve being resourceful, employing creative problem-solving, and the ability to identify the root cause of problems. They will also act as a mentor to other technical staff as well as providing architectural guidance for infrastructure and application improvements and introducing extensive automation of repetitive management tasks and deployments into the production environment.
- Work closely with Development teams to adopt CI and CD best practices to automate system deployment, operability and supportability
- Work with Development and Operations teams to define and implement IaaS and PaaS strategies
- Manage migration project from MSP based solution to Public Cloud provider
- Implement Secure Cloud Networking policies, best practices and design patterns
- Develop and maintain scalable cloud architecture solutions
- Create and deliver detailed technical documentation and presentations
- Act as an advisor to product teams on architectural principles, best practices and design patterns. Including providing operational requirement stories to development teams.
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation and respond to operational incidents and tier 3 escalations.
- Provide hands-on and technical leadership support to drive Cloud Strategy and Operations
- Direct long and short-term projects for improving the reliability and performance of systems
- Design, implement, test, and manage Cloud Backup strategy and systems
- Design, implement, and manage monitoring systems and development of monitoring standards (including aggregation and correlation technologies like ELK or Splunk)
- Make recommendations for improvements to current processes and procedures
- Manage cost and billing for Cloud Platform
- Cultivate a culture of software defined infrastructure, automation, best practices, metrics and consistency across the organization
- A BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field is preferred
- 8+ years of Linux Systems Engineering/Architecture experience
- Proven, expert-level experience working with highly-distributed systems, scalability and SaaS applications with a proven ability to speak authoritatively about architectural, design, and implementation details
- Expert experience with configuration management tools like Salt/Chef/Ansible, etc.
- Expert experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Circle CI, Travis, etc.
- Proven ability to script using languages like Node, Perl, Bash, or Python
- Understanding of systems hardening and secure systems configuration
- Experience with IaaS like AWS or Azure
- Understanding of security concepts such as Firewalls, IPS, IDS, VPN, and MFA
- Ability to thrive as an individual or a small team member on projects
- Confidence to articulate vision to executives and stakeholders
- Experience with regulatory compliance standards (HIPPA/PCI/SEC/FINRA, etc.) preferred