We are looking for a qualified PostgreSQL Database Developer to design stable and reliable databases, according to our company’s needs. You will be responsible for developing, testing, improving and maintaining new and existing databases. You will work to deliver new systems, new data products, and ensure users can retrieve data effectively.
As part of our IT team, you will work closely with other developers to deliver API’s and ensure system consistency. You will also collaborate with administrators and business partners to provide reporting and analytics, support, and identify new requirements. Communication and organization skills are keys for this position, along with a problem-solution attitude.
- Implement and maintain database code in the form of stored procedures, scripts, queries, views, triggers, etc.
- Design stable, reliable and effective databases
- Work with front end developers to define simple yet powerful APIs
- Implement and maintain ETL solutions in a 24×7 environment
- Implementation and support for analytics and reporting solutions
- Collaborates with other Information Technology associates and functional business teams to build, deliver, and support effective, creative data management solutions aligned to specific business initiatives.
- Work with product managers to ensure database code meets requirements.
Background & Experience:
- 3+ years working as a database developer with PostgreSQL in a linux environment
- Expert Level SQL, PL/pgSQL, including stored procedures, functions, triggers, and views
- Knowledge of JSON and PostgreSQL support for JSON
- Thorough understanding of relational data models; experience with dimensional data models a plus
- Broad knowledge of BI reporting; experience with specific reporting/analytic tools (Birt, FusionCharts, Tableau, etc.) a plus
- Experience with ETL development tools and concepts; Broad knowledge of report triggers and security roles
- Strong data analysis skills – demonstrated ability to research data lineage and manage source-to-target mappings, audit for accuracy
- Strong business analysis skills – demonstrated ability to gather and communicate business requirements to technical teams. Must be able to “bridge the gap” between business users and IT developers
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Bachelors Degree in computer science or relevant field with equivalent experience