We are seeking a detail-oriented, flexible, and analytical individual in the Exploratory group. The successful candidate will have a passion for driving high-impact projects, including early-stage concept validation and development of novel cell therapies. In this lab-based position, the successful candidate will perform in vitro and in vivo research to support and advance our exploratory programs. This position requires effective collaboration across multiple groups at SQZ and regular presentation of scientific results to multidisciplinary teams and leadership at SQZ Biotechnologies.
At SQZ, we're proud of our culture and look to grow our team with people who share our values. We:
- Squeeze Together: We value teamwork, trust, and transparency as critical components for achieving our mission and exceeding our goals.
- Question Boundaries: We are committed to questioning the status quo and changing the world through our people and our science.
- Zap Obstacles: We strive to be pioneers. We are resilient when it comes to navigating challenges, anticipated or not, scientific and otherwise.
- Conduct and support in vivo experiments, including primary immune cell isolation, culture, manipulation, and analysis
- Contribute to experimental design and project direction
- Maintain a lab notebook, with organized and thorough documentation of protocols and results
- Provide critical lab support while working in a collaborative team environment
- Contribute to the design, execution, and troubleshooting of experiments
- Critically analyze data independently
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving
- Work with highly skilled teams in a fast-paced, collaborative, and technical research environment
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written formats
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- B.S and at least 1-2 years industry experience or M.S in life-science related field
- Prior experience with in vivo models necessary
- Hands-on experience with in vivo adoptive immune response assays and in vitro assays such as ELISA, ELISpot, and intracellular cytokine staining preferred
- Experience with manipulating immune cells preferred
- Experience in multicolor flow cytometry design, execution, and analysis a strong plus
- Experience with biochemistry techniques a plus
- Proficiency in immunology and/or oncology a plus
SQZ Biotechnologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SQZ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. SQZ does not support relocation for this position.