We are looking for a motivated, collaborative, and dynamic Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate/Associate Scientist within our Immunology team as part of Research and Development. This role is an opportunity to focus on developing novel immunotherapies for the treatment of cancer. The scope of this work will encompass the design and execution of in vitro and in vivo experiments for internally- and externally-focused research programs. This position requires effective collaboration across multiple groups and the regular presentation of scientific results to multidisciplinary teams.
At SQZ, we're proud of our culture and always look to grow our team with people who share our values. We:
- Squeeze Together: We value teamwork, trust, and transparency as critical components for achieving our mission and exceeding our goals
- Question Boundaries: We’re committed to questioning the status quo and changing the world through our people and our science.
- Zap Obstacles: We strive to be pioneers. We’re resilient when it comes to navigating challenges, anticipated or not, scientific and otherwise.
- Design multi-component experiments to achieve long term research goals
- Meticulously execute bench work, analyze data, troubleshoot, and communicate findings independently
- Design and execute in vivo studies to assess immune responses and therapeutic efficacy in murine disease models
- Perform in vitro and ex vivo assays using multicolor flow cytometry, ELISA, ELISPOT, and basic cell and molecular biology
- Procure, organize, and maintain inventory of materials needed for experiments
- Maintain a lab notebook and contribute to supporting documentation when necessary
- Contribute to the collective success of the immunology team
- Mentor and support the direction of junior team members
- Work with skilled teams in a fast-paced, collaborative, and technical research environment
- Work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Design, execute, and troubleshoot experiments
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to master new areas of research
- Demonstrate the ability to critically analyze and present data
- Effectively plan and organize work activities to meet schedules and deadlines
- BS/MS in life science field with at least 2 years of experience in a hypothesis-driven research setting preferred
- Experience with in vivo techniques required
- Experience with standard immunological methods and basic molecular biology (ELISA, ELISPOT, multicolor flow cytometry, qPCR, and Western Blot)
- Expertise in aseptic technique and experience culturing mammalian cells
- Experience with GraphPad Prism or similar statistical software
SQZ Biotechnologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SQZ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.