We are seeking a highly motivated, collaborative, and flexible individual in the Cancer Biology Group. The successful candidate will have a passion for driving high-impact projects focused on the development of novel immune-therapeutics for the treatment of cancer. In this lab-based position, the successful candidate will perform in vivo and in vitro research to support and advance of our cell therapy platforms. This position requires effective collaboration across multiple groups at SQZ and the regular presentation of scientific results to multidisciplinary teams and leadership at SQZ Biotechnologies.
At SQZ, we're proud of our culture and always look to grow our team with people who share our values. We:
• Squeeze Together: We value teamwork, trust, and transparency as critical components for achieving our mission and exceeding our goals
• Question Boundaries: We’re committed to questioning the status quo and changing the world through our people and our science
• Zap Obstacles: We strive to be pioneers. We’re resilient when it comes to navigating challenges, anticipated or not, scientific and otherwise
• Conduct and support experiments, primarily in vivo, evaluating the influence of cancer therapies
• Contribute to experimental design and project direction
• Maintain a lab notebook and contribute to supportive documentation when necessary
• Provide critical lab support while working in a collaborative team environment
• Design, execute and troubleshoot experiments
• Critically analyze data independently
• Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving
• Work with highly skilled teams in a fast-paced, collaborative, and technical research environment.
• Communicate efficiently in both oral and written formats
• Demonstrate attention to detail
• B.S. and at least 1-2 years industry experience or M.S. in life science-related field
• Experience with in vivo techniques required, in vitro techniques a plus
• Proficiency in design, execution, and analysis of experiments related to immunology, oncology, and immunofluorescence / immunohistochemistry highly preferred
• Experience in the execution of in vivo studies of murine cancer models
• Experience in the monitoring of disease progression, and administration of therapeutics highly preferred
• Experience in aseptic technique and mammalian cell culture
• Experience in multicolor flow cytometry design, execution, and analysis a plus
SQZ Biotechnologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SQZ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. Local candidates only please.