SQZ Biotechnologies is seeking a Research Associate, Autoimmunity to join our Tolerance team. Reporting directly to a Sr. Scientist, the successful candidate will have a passion for driving high-impact projects, including in vivo and in vitro experiments examining autoimmune disease models. In this lab-based position, the successful candidate will perform in vitro research to support and advance immunology projects within the Tolerance team. This position requires effective collaboration across multiple groups at SQZ and regular presentation of scientific results to multidisciplinary teams and leadership at SQZ Biotechnologies.
At SQZ, we're proud of our culture and always look to grow our team with people who share our values. We:
- Squeeze Together: We value teamwork, trust, and transparency as critical components for achieving our mission and exceeding our goals
- Question Boundaries: We’re committed to questioning the status quo and changing the world through our people and our science¬
- Zap Obstacles: We strive to be pioneers. We’re resilient when it comes to navigating challenges, anticipated or not, scientific and otherwise.
- Conduct and support in vivo experiments and occasional in vitro experiments, including primary immune cell isolation, cell culture, manipulation, and analysis
- Contribute to experimental design and project direction
- Execute and support immunology-centric experiments monitoring disease progression using in vitro and in vivo techniques
- Maintain a lab notebook, with organized and thorough documentation of protocols and results
- Provide critical lab support while working in a collaborative team environment
- Design, execute and troubleshoot experiments
- Critically analyze data independently
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving
- Work with highly skilled teams in a fast-paced, collaborative, and technical research environment
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written formats
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- B.S. and at least 1-2 years industry experience or M.S. in life science-related field
- Experience in aseptic technique and mammalian cell culture; immune cell experience required
- Experience with in vivo techniques required
- Proficiency in immunology required
- Comfort with molecular biology techniques (DNA & RNA isolation, PCR, etc.)
- Experience in monitoring of disease progression highly preferred
- Experience in multicolor flow cytometry design, execution, and analysis preferred
SQZ Biotechnologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SQZ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. Local candidates only please.