As the Director of Tax on our Finance team, you’ll have a rare opportunity to contribute directly to the success of a disruptive company that's profitable, high-growth, and making people's lives a little easier. This role will require you to work closely with various other departments including supply chain, analytics and the business systems team as well as with the Allstate corporate tax team.
SOME OF THE THINGS YOU'LL TAKE ON IN THIS ROLE INCLUDE...
- Taking responsibility for global tax compliance; ensuring timely and accurate tax compliance for all federal, state and local income taxes
- Managing relationships with external tax advisors and tax authorities, as well as financial service providers
- Coordination, management, and preparation of quarterly, and annual income tax provisions
- Researching, analyzing and documenting multiple international/domestic tax matters; lead direct and indirect tax planning initiatives
- Ensuring all Sales & Use Tax filings are current and compliant.
- Improving processes by developing or implementing best practices; documenting, maintaining and reviewing internal controls
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE ...
- Is a go-getter and a flexible thinker who can grasp new processes and procedures quickly
- Has exceptional attention to detail and accuracy; detail-orientated and able to multitask
- Has experience dealing with large data sets, especially those pertaining to items like insurance claims, a plus!
- Has excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Able to adapt to a fast-paced work environment and work outside of finance and with other departments
- A commercially-focused problem solver with a strong technical background
- Experience with ERP accounting systems (NetSuite preferred)
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or similar required; CPA and/or master’s degree in taxation strongly preferred
- 5 - 10 years of direct and indirect tax experience; Treasury experience is preferred. Strong all-around knowledge of taxes is necessary
- International corporate tax, transfer pricing and VAT/IPT experience highly desirable!
- Must be able to work well as part of a team and influence cross functional groups to implement efficient and tax compliant solutions
- NetSuite experience an advantage but not necessary
SOME OF THE BENEFITS OF WORKING @ SQUARETRADE INCLUDE...
- This role has exposure to many different parts of the business, making transitioning easy...we work on developing careers based on what people enjoy!
- Competitive salaries, benefits (medical, dental, vision), Flex PTO and 401k matching
- Respect for your work-life balance
- Free breakfast, weekly lunches and unlimited snacks & drinks
- A paid volunteer day to give back to the community
- Discounted Gym memberships
- Company activities (from happy hours, winery trips, and picnics in the park to running a 5k for charity)
Who We Are: SquareTrade is the top-rated protection plan trusted by millions of happy customers and offered by top retailers including Walmart, Amazon, Costco, Staples, Sam's Club and Target. We have more than 200,000 fans on Facebook, consistently win industry awards and have received tens of thousands of 5-star reviews. SquareTrade is growing year on year, and attracted the largest insurer-tech acquisitions in 2017, with a $1.4 billion purchase price by Allstate.
SquareTrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the San Francisco FCO