The Financial Analysis team combines the functions of financial planning and data analysis. We take an end-to-end view of the business financially and operationally. The team is responsible for reporting cadence & dashboard development, budgeting & forecasting, long-term financial planning, risk management & pricing, company-wide business intelligence, and decision support for sales & operational business units. We use complex modeling to build connective tissue between raw data and financial performance.
The Business Data Analyst will work in the business intelligence and data systems segment of the team. This group is responsible for building out reports in the company’s BI tool, creating underlying data structures, and improving automation & financial systems integration. The Analyst will support the Director in the group as they work with Accounting, Business Development & Marketing, and Operations teams to enhance the company’s end-to-end data and reporting. Well-qualified candidates will have experience organizing data in SQL & Excel and building dashboards in business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau). This position will also provide other ad hoc analyses and data as needed.
This role provides opportunities to get involved with complex projects that touch a variety of different teams throughout the company, and will challenge you to use your analytical skills to solve problems creatively. The position reports to the Analytics Director.
- In-depth exploration of causes or trends to identify problems, opportunities and specific actions required
- Create and maintain data structures to support the needs of various teams within the organization, including Business Development, Finance and Accounting, Operations, and Marketing
- Improve efficiency through the use of automation tools to make information available on an ongoing and real-time basis
- Uncover new opportunities to optimize and drive the business through data design, KPI definition, and business intelligence reporting
- Support sales, finance and operational departments with ad hoc analysis and reporting
- Ensure integrity of financial models, reporting and databases
- Contribute to statistical & predictive forecast models
- 1-3 years of work experience as an analyst, or similar position
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field
- Strong SQL and Python skills are required
- Hands-on experience with reporting tools (Tableau) is preferred
- Ability to draw conclusions from raw data then summarize results quickly and efficiently
- Experience working with large data volumes required
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Organized and detail oriented
- Strong writing and presentation skills
SOME OF THE BENEFITS OF WORKING @ SQUARETRADE INCLUDE...
- Not feeling stuck! This team has exposure to many different parts of the business, making transitioning easy...we work on developing careers based on what people enjoy!
- Competitive salaries, benefits (medical, dental, vision), flex PTO, 401k matching
- Respect for your work-life balance
- Free breakfast, weekly lunches and unlimited snacks and drinks
- A paid volunteer day to give back to the community
- Discounted Gym memberships
- Company activities (from happy hours, winery trips, and picnics in the park to running a 5k)
SquareTrade is the fastest growing company of its kind. We’re revolutionizing a $30b industry with innovation and attention to customer satisfaction. We’ve already partnered with some of the largest, most sophisticated retailers in the world (Walmart, Target, Amazon, Bose, and Costco to name a few), have more than 240,000 fans on Facebook, consistently win industry awards and have received tens of thousands of 5-star reviews...and we’re not done yet! SquareTrade is growing year on year, and attracted the largest insurer-tech acquisitions in 2017, with a $1.4 billion purchase price by Allstate.
SquareTrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the San Francisco FCO