In this role, you’ll own and grow new and existing multi-million $ business segments by utilizing proven sales development and strategic account management skills, ultimately driving the business to meet year-over-year growth targets. This high-visibility position is a key player in new partner initiatives, and he/she will collaborate closely with Sales, Marketing, Customer Experience, Supply Chain and Senior Management to drive revenue growth and product/service innovations.
What’s great about this role?
- Your work will directly impact SquareTrade’s revenue growth and strategic partnership initiatives.
- You’ll have ownership of the “P&L” for multiple partner relationships, with ultimate accountability for delivering on growth targets and product + service innovations that matter to our customers.
- You won’t be “taking orders”… you’ll be encouraged to gain deep understanding of our business and bring your own ideas to the table.
- You’ll get hands-on experience in all facets of omni-channel sales and a variety of partner types including e-commerce players, brick & mortar retailers, and OEMs
- With lots of variety in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment you won’t get bored!
Responsibility Specifics include:
- Strategy Development; based on unique Retailer dynamics, understanding of the Retail SWOT, define the right set of Strategies/Actions to deliver the performance promises/business objectives with your Retailers.
- Planning; developing and aligning JBPs & Annual Objectives with your Retailers, and reviewing/adjusting Quarterly in QBRs to ensure objectives are met.
- Selling & Stakeholder Management; identifying opportunities for growth, building selling stories to activate such opportunities and aligning with the right stakeholders to achieve.
- Channel Marketing; understanding your Retailers' shoppers & path to purchase, and then partnering with Channel Marketing to deliver the best in-store and on-line solutions
- Retail Execution; partnering with Retail Execution/Ops to influence in-store SQT awareness and acumen, training, and ensure merchandising execution.
- Innovation; identify and drive new business opportunities within your business segment and in strategic objectives outside the segment.
- Travel - Estimated 20% travel to client sites and other locations as needed.
What does our ideal candidate look like?
- Intellectually curious and detail-oriented, you’re passionate about asking questions, understanding corporate strategy, and doing research
- Driven to make an impact on the business, you’re scrappy and willing to think outside the box.
- Ambitious, you’ll go above and beyond to get results (and you’re able to motivate others to do the same!)
- You’ll get your hands dirty…you not only understand the research methods and strategies needed to drive sales within both eCommerce and Brick & Mortar retailers, you’re not afraid to jump in and help make it happen on a tactical level.
- 7 years of experience in a client-facing management consulting or CPG Business Development / Account Executive role
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA preferred
- High integrity. Hands on. Passionate. Persistent. Creative. Team player. Gets things done
- Advanced user of Excel and PowerPoint. Proficient user of Tableau.
- Previous experience leading and motivating cross-functional teams
- Excellent organizational skills + superior analytical, communication, customer service and management skills
- Technology, retail and eCommerce enthusiast
SOME OF THE BENEFITS OF WORKING @ SQUARETRADE INCLUDE:
- Not feeling stuck! This team has exposure to many different parts of the business, making transitioning easy...we work on developing careers based on what people enjoy!
- Competitive salaries, benefits (medical, dental, vision), FlexPTO, 401k matching
- Respect for your work-life balance
- Free breakfast, weekly lunches and unlimited snacks and drinks
- A paid volunteer day to give back to the community
- Discounted Gym memberships
- Company activities (from happy hours, winery trips, and picnics in the park to running a 5k)
Who We Are: SquareTrade is the top-rated protection plan trusted by millions of happy customers and offered by top retailers including Walmart, Amazon, Costco, Staples, Sam's Club and Target. We have more than 200,000 fans on Facebook, consistently win industry awards and have received tens of thousands of 5-star reviews. SquareTrade is growing year on year, and attracted the largest insurer-tech acquisitions in 2017, with a $1.4 billion purchase price by Allstate.
SquareTrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the San Francisco FCO