The Squaretrade Data Engineering team is looking for an experienced full-stack developer to help develop api integration using cutting edge technologies for all our business platforms.
Successful candidates will work closely with Designers, Engineers, Quality Assurance and Product Owners to launch and maintain new and exciting user experiences. We are looking for creative thinkers who can help develop and engineer intuitive interfaces and data pipeline applications.
#1 thing we are looking for is someone who loves to code.
- Warranty population,monthly close and claims cost integration to do:
- Revenue recognition (ratable by day etc.) – GAAP revenue/COGS,
- A/R reconciliations
- Cancellation estimations
- Three-way matching of refund/payments data.
- Reconcile underwriter-related account for audit and reporting.
- Depot inventory tracking, auditing, and accounting.
- Machine-learning algorithms for fraud.
- Marketing Insights and Trends.
- Conversion Funnel.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Define core technologies and best practices for Front End Development
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Collaborate with multiple departments with different disciplines
- Write code optimized for reusability, repeatability and reliability
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related is REQUIRED
- 5-8 years’ experience planning, designing and building web sites and applications
- Experience with one or more MV* frameworks
- Experience with Front End Builds and where they fit in with the application workflow
- Ability to work in an Agile team environment
- Experience with Agile/Scrum and Test-Driven Development (TDD).
- Experienced in designing and developing enterprise and web applications using Java technologies like Core Servlets, JSP, JDBC, JNDI, JPA, JAX-WS, JAX-RS, Struts, EJB, Spring, Hibernate, JMS, XML, JUnit.
- Experienced in Spring Boot and Spring Modules like Spring Core, Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Spring AOP, Spring IOC, Spring Security, Spring Data.
- Experienced in developing applications using different J2EE Design Patterns such as DAO, Singleton, Session Facade, and Factory.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE IS/HAS..
- Strong communication skills
- Experience writing in functional and object oriented styles
- Strong Debugging and Problem solving skills
- Must be able to set expectations and meet aggressive deadlines
- Experience with any of the following:
- Front-end build workflow
- Performance techniques
- debugging in the browser
- graphic formats
- basic database concepts
- Experience with any of the following (would be a plus):
- Continuous Integration
- Unit Testing
- Spring MVC
SOME OF THE BENEFITS OF WORKING @ SQUARETRADE INCLUDE:
- Not feeling stuck! This team has exposure to many different parts of the business, making transitioning easy...we work on developing careers based on what people enjoy!
- Competitive salaries, benefits (medical, dental, vision), flex PTO, 401k matching
- Respect for your work-life balance
- Free breakfast, weekly lunches and unlimited snacks and drinks
- A paid volunteer day to give back to the community
- Discounted Gym memberships
- Company activities (from happy hours, winery trips, and picnics in the park to running a 5k)
Who We Are: SquareTrade is the top-rated protection plan trusted by millions of happy customers and offered by top retailers including Amazon, Costco, Staples, Sam's Club and Target. We have more than 200,000 fans on Facebook, consistently win industry awards and have received tens of thousands of 5-star reviews. SquareTrade is growing year on year, and attracted the largest insurer-tech acquisitions in 2017, with a $1.4 billion purchase price by Allstate.
SquareTrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the San Francisco FCO