SquareTrade is an award-winning industry leader in consumer electronic warranties and we’re constantly improving our program to stay on top! SquareTrade’s Learning & Development team is responsible for ensuring our global Customer Experience Specialists are set up for success.
As we continue to expand and in order to keep up with communication demands, we need to scale our L&D organization. We are looking for a seasoned Corporate Trainer to join our team. You’ll work in a rapidly-changing, high energy environment that demands quality, creativity and consistency all day, every day.
Do you love training colleagues? Do you thrive in fast-paced work environments? Would you describe yourself as tech savvy, flexible, and upbeat? If you answered yes to all of those questions, we’d like to hear from you!
What's Great about this Role?
- You'll make a big impact! This position facilitates learning for new and existing call center agents primarily, but also provides opportunities to collaborate internationally, across all levels of management on projects that directly impact SquareTrade’s exponential growth
- In a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment you won’t get bored!
- You’ll work with an international team of highly-motivated, friendly and intelligent people
- You will be challenged to delve into unfamiliar territory on the daily basis but you’ll be surrounded with incredibly resourceful and intelligent colleagues
You're our Ideal Candidate if you are:
- Naturally inquisitive: You take pleasure in understanding, breaking down and explaining complex concepts quickly, succinctly and accurately
- Driven to make an impact: You’re eager, scrappy and willing to think outside the box
- Meticulous: Details, details, details…you thrive when diving deeply into subject matter and accuracy is important to you
- Ambitious: You’ll go above and beyond to get results
- Patient and adaptable: When things veer off in a new direction, you go with the flow
- Excited to get your hands dirty: You want to jump in and save the day and you love being the go-to person for everything
- Collaborative: You believe that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts and you want to contribute
- Facilitation of our multi-week blended new hire on-boarding program as well as stand-alone courses, as required (lecture, small group discussions, role play and activities/games)
- Utilization of mixed media resources to enhance learner comprehension
- Evaluation of curriculum efficacy (drawing attention to opportunities to improve, reinvent or streamline the learning experience to maximize retention and adherence)
- Learner comprehension monitoring & assessment (administration of exams, coaching and reporting)
- Daily, weekly, monthly learner observation documentation
- People and resource management (new hire management for 4-6 weeks, maintaining of classroom technology and reasonable utilization of temporary support resources)
- Work closely with internationally-based colleagues in L&D, Quality Assurance, HR, IT as well as local Call Center Management team
- Minimum of 1 year of experience training for customer service agents and/or consumers
- Bachelors Degree or higher
- Excellent documentation habits, clear and concise verbal and presentation skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite and Google tools
- Decision-maker with strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Detail-oriented, organized with strong ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects within tight time frames
- Adaptable with a positive outlook
- Familiarity with Salesforce is a plus
Who We Are: SquareTrade is the top-rated protection plan trusted by millions of happy customers and offered by top retailers including Amazon, Costco, Staples, Sam's Club and Tesco. We have more than 200,000 fans on Facebook, consistently win industry awards and have received tens of thousands of 5-star reviews. SquareTrade is profitable, growing 90% year on year, and attracted the largest insurer-tech acquisitions in 2017, with a $1.4 billion purchase price by Allstate.