For a minute, forget about browsing job post after job post and just imagine your perfect Director of Public Relations position. Probably not at a company that sells warranties, right? Well if you love B2B, guess again, my media-savvy friend. It’s here at SquareTrade, an Allstate company. “How is that possible?” you ask. Because even though warranties are what we sell—happy customers are what we make. Google us and you’ll find thousands of five-star reviews, 200,000+ followers on Facebook, millions of views on YouTube, and articles in everything from WSJ to Teen Vogue. It’s crazy. Crazy awesome.
SquareTrade is revolutionizing a $30b industry with innovation and attention to customer satisfaction. You’ll have the opportunity to contribute directly to the success of a profitable, high-growth company. And have a blast along the way.
SquareTrade is looking for a Director, Public Relations (B2B Focus) who will be responsible for strategy and execution of SquareTrade’s public relations program, in addition to collaborating with our Senior Social Media Manager. You’ll work closely with leadership and stakeholders across the company.
- Strategize and execute an overarching public relations strategy that ladders up to SquareTrade’s business goals (primarily B2B)
- Run point on all PR campaigns that support brand and product initiatives
- Develop and execute thought leadership programs for SquareTrade execs
- Proactively identify new opportunities and develop new programs to elevate SquareTrade’s brand among current retail and carrier partners, potential new partners, media, and consumers
- Cultivate and manage relationships with top-tier business, consumer, and trade outlets
- Counsel internal stakeholders on proper expectations and external messaging
- Occasionally work with our parent company (Allstate) on joint messaging/comms efforts
- Provide internal and external support to corporate partners in the US
- Manage US based PR agency for support
- 8+ years of experience in driving communications strategies for tech-focused companies. In-house experience is a must, a combination of in-house and agency experience is great
- Strong previous experience with B2B/trade-focused PR/comms strategies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to quickly build rapport with senior management and provide proper counsel for external communications matters
- Experience managing external agencies
- Strong attention to detail with excellent time management skills
- Proven track record for pitching and cultivating media relationships (though consumer PR isn’t primary effort at SquareTrade, it’s still an important piece of the puzzle)
- Strategic and thoughtful storyteller who is always thinking about the headline and correct target
- Bachelor’s degree required, ideally in communications, public relations, or journalism
SquareTrade is located in the SOMA district in San Francisco (does it get better than that?), close to AT&T Park. We offer competitive salaries, flexible time off, and respect for your work-life balance.