We are looking for a smart, dedicated, experienced, results-oriented Engineering Manager to run two of our application scrum teams. The teams are in charge of building a reliable and a scalable platform for integrating with our partners and direct customers. You will be responsible for defining solutions and inspiring the team to deliver on complex technical projects. You will report to the Director of Engineering, with whom you will partner on defining the technical vision and direction of each group. This is an exciting position that offers autonomy and teamwork, with opportunities for career development.
- Manage two or more scrum teams.
- Drive technical vision and strategy for our product and inspire teams to deliver.
- Contribute and/or review code to your teams’ projects.
- Collaborate with other Engineering teams, Tech Leads, Architects, and Product Managers to come up with requirements, scope, and timing for various projects
- Improve team processes to increase effectiveness and improve product quality and code coverage
- Understand the value derived from shipping code rapidly to production and learning/iterating on the results.
- Take ownership of teams; manage, mentor and coach to help them improve their skills and grow their careers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years of development experience.
- 2+ years of management experience - Software developers and Software Quality Engineers
- Experience with UI frameworks (Angular 2+ and or React) and spring boot.
- A good understanding of web technologies.
- Strong knowledge of Java, Spring Boot and SQL.
- Experience with microservices and event-driven architectures
- Experience building high-performance distributed systems.
- Great communication skills.
SOME OF THE BENEFITS OF WORKING @ SQUARETRADE INCLUDE:
- Not feeling stuck! This team has exposure to many different parts of the business, making transitioning easy...we work on developing careers based on what people enjoy!
- Competitive salaries, benefits (medical, dental, vision), flex PTO, 401k matching
- Respect for your work-life balance
- Free breakfast, weekly lunches and unlimited snacks and drinks
- A paid volunteer day to give back to the community
- Discounted Gym memberships
- Company activities (from happy hours, winery trips, and picnics in the park to running a 5k)
Who We Are: SquareTrade is the top-rated protection plan trusted by millions of happy customers and offered by top retailers including Amazon, Costco, Staples, Sam's Club and Target. We have more than 200,000 fans on Facebook, consistently win industry awards and have received tens of thousands of 5-star reviews. SquareTrade is growing year on year, and attracted the largest insurer-tech acquisitions in 2017, with a $1.4 billion purchase price by Allstate.
SquareTrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the San Francisco FCO