We are looking for a talented, energetic Senior Software Quality Engineer to join our team. This person will be responsible for extensive testing across various product lines.
He/She will work closely with product, marketing and operations team to understand requirements and create, execute, manage and report test plans, test cases and test reports. Should have good understanding of SDLC, and Software Quality Life Cycle, Agile/Scrum procedures and processes. Must be able to work with product and engineering partners on large projects with no supervision.
- Collaborate with development and architecture teams to influence the architecture and design of software and help bring quality into the design of the product
- Work closely with product, marketing and developers to understand requirements and create detailed use cases, test cases, test plans and identify risks
- Create and maintain test suites for functional, regression, acceptance and UAT testing
- Work with automation team in identifying key areas to automate and develop test suites
- Responsible for functional, integration, data integrity and regression in order to ensure quality of code before releasing to production
- Create detailed bug reports by performing root cause analysis and work with architecture, development and product teams to prioritize them
- Liaison between product, development and SQA teams to enforce SQA standards and best practices to deliver quality code.
- Provide sprint & release test reports, metrics
- Understand deployment scenarios and manage deployment to test environments
- BS/BE or higher in Computer Science with emphasis on Quality Assurance. Or strong proven relevant experience.
- At least 6 years of experience as a Software Quality Engineer
- At least 3 years of experience with REST services
- Strong experience writing and maintaining automated test cases using Selenium and TestNG written in Java
- Deep understanding of SDLC processes and agile, experience in applying test methodologies, creating test plans, test reports, test cases, use cases and relevant tools and technologies
- Proficiency with SQL for data integrity testing
- Experience with LINUX environments, build deployments, debugging & installation
- Proven experience working in agile methodology & demonstrated ability to work in dynamic, fast paced work environments
- Strong team collaboration, strong written and verbal communication skills. Can resolve issues collaboratively without escalations.
- Must have great analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Git, Jira, Jenkins, Gradle, Selenium Grid.
- Experience with performance tools
- E-commerce domain experience
SOME OF THE BENEFITS OF WORKING @ SQUARETRADE INCLUDE:
- Not feeling stuck! This team has exposure to many different parts of the business, making transitioning easy...we work on developing careers based on what people enjoy!
- Competitive salaries, benefits (medical, dental, vision), unlimited PTO, full 401k matching
- Respect for your work-life balance
- Free breakfast, weekly lunches and unlimited snacks and drinks
- A paid volunteer day to give back to the community
- Discounted Gym memberships
- Company activities (from happy hours, winery trips, and picnics in the park to running a 5k)
Who We Are: SquareTrade is the top-rated protection plan trusted by millions of happy customers and offered by top retailers including Amazon, Costco, Staples, Sam's Club and Target. We have more than 200,000 fans on Facebook, consistently win industry awards and have received tens of thousands of 5-star reviews. SquareTrade is growing year on year, and attracted the largest insurer-tech acquisitions in 2017, with a $1.4 billion purchase price by Allstate.
SquareTrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the San Francisco FCO