SR. SOFTWARE ENGINEER
If you're looking for an exciting high profile opportunity then you've come to the right place! We are looking for a talented, energetic Sr. Software Engineer to lead the team to build our claim processing applications. You will be working closely with PM and business analysts, and leading a team of onsite & remote engineers.
- Lead design and development of projects.
- Own the architecture for building new applications, leveraging and enhancing existing building blocks or creating new reusable components/services.
- Work with product managers on requirements, design, and break down stories into tasks, size estimates and hit them.
- Translate business requirements into technical requirements (critical)
- Write clean code with plenty of unit tests
- Work in a vague, complex and dynamic business environment
- Work in a fast-paced Agile Scrum environment
- Be independent and self-directed
- BS in Computer Science is preferred
- 6+ years of professional software development experience in Java and microservices-based enterprise applications
- Knowledge and experience in Java 8, Spring, Jersey, Hibernate, SQL, and Linux
- Experience with unit testing, mocking or mocking frameworks
- Ability to communicate complex technical information to non-technical people
- Have great communication skills and ownership
- Strong analytical problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to stay organized and help organize others
- Familiarity with Spring Boot and Docker.
- Familiarity with Agile is necessary!
SOME OF THE BENEFITS OF WORKING @ SQUARETRADE INCLUDE:
- Not feeling stuck! This team has exposure to many different parts of the business, making transitioning easy...we work on developing careers based on what people enjoy!
- Competitive salaries, benefits (medical, dental, vision), flex PTO, 401k matching
- Respect for your work-life balance
- Free breakfast, weekly lunches and unlimited snacks and drinks
- A paid volunteer day to give back to the community
- Discounted Gym memberships
- Company activities (from happy hours, winery trips, and picnics in the park to running a 5k)
WHO WE ARE
SquareTrade is the fastest growing company of its kind. We’re revolutionizing a $30b industry with service innovation and attention to customer satisfaction. We partner with some of the largest, most sophisticated retailers and carriers in the world (Walmart, Target, Amazon, Costco, and T-Mobile to name a few), consistently win industry awards, have received tens of thousands of 5-star reviews… and we’re just getting started. A member of the Allstate family, SquareTrade has headquarters in San Francisco and London.