The Financial Analysis team combines the functions of financial planning and data analysis. We take an end-to-end view of the business financially and operationally. The team is responsible for reporting cadence & dashboard development, budgeting & forecasting, long-term financial planning, risk management & pricing, company-wide business intelligence, and decision support for sales & operational business units. We use complex modeling to build connective tissue between raw data and financial performance.
The Financial Data Analyst will work in the revenue & expense analysis segment of the team. This group reports and builds models related to the company’s sales performance and operating expenses, while working closely with senior management to monitor & forecast performance. The Analyst will support the Manager in the group in creating financial and operating reports, budgets and forecasts for operating expenses, and developing financial support for operating decisions. Well-qualified candidates will have experience building and maintaining financial models in Excel, organizing data in SQL and building dashboards in business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau). This position will also provide other ad hoc analyses and data as needed.
This role provides opportunities to get involved with complex projects that touch a variety of different teams throughout the company, and will challenge you to use your analytical skills to solve problems creatively. The position reports to the Finance Manager.
- In-depth exploration of causes or trends to identify problems, opportunities and specific actions required
- Build and use financial models that simulate and forecast business elements and margin implications; quantify uncertainty and statistical variance in projections/scenarios
- Identify and research monthly and quarterly variances to forecast or prior year’s results, actively recognizing opportunities for improvement
- Uncover new opportunities to grow and optimize the business through analytics, financial modeling, and business case development
- Improve processes for current reporting, automation, frequency, efficiency, etc.
- Create and overhaul dashboards and underlying data structures
- Ensure integrity of financial models, reporting and databases
- Support operational departments with ad hoc analysis and reporting
- Presenting analysis to senior level management
- 1-3 years of work experience as an analyst, or similar position
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field
- Advanced degree (i.e.: an MBA or Master's in an analytics-oriented field) is a plus
- Experience building, updating, and maintaining financial models
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Familiarity with reporting tools (Tableau, Adaptive Planning) and SQL skills are a plus
- Ability to draw conclusions from raw data then summarize results quickly and efficiently
- Experience working with large data volumes required
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Organized and detail oriented
- Strong writing and presentation skills
SOME OF THE BENEFITS OF WORKING @ SQUARETRADE INCLUDE:
- Not feeling stuck! This team has exposure to many different parts of the business, making transitioning easy...we work on developing careers based on what people enjoy!
- Competitive salaries, benefits (medical, dental, vision), unlimited PTO, full 401k matching
- Respect for your work-life balance
- A paid volunteer day to give back to the community
- Company activities (from happy hours, winery trips, and picnics in the park to running a 5k)