SquareTrade is an award-winning industry leader in consumer electronic warranties and we’re constantly improving our program to stay on top! SquareTrade’s Learning & Development, Content, and Quality teams are responsible for ensuring our global Customer Experience Specialists are set up for success. We are looking for a seasoned people manager with an extensive background in call center Quality and Training programs. You’ll work in a rapidly-changing, high energy environment that demands quality, creativity and consistency all day, every day.
As CX Director of Quality-Training-Content you will actively manage, lead, motivate and develop a team of over 50 quality coaches, trainers, and managers. You will have the critical role of continuously improving the customer-facing functions at SquareTrade by being directly responsible for how those teams learn, retain, and access information. You will inspire and reinforce support by improving front-line training, content, tools and underlying systems.
- Maintain strong relationship with internal department heads, outsourced call centers, and senior management teams
- Contribute to meeting/exceeding department KPIs as identified by VP of Customer Experience (e.g.: analyzing weekly reports for trends, proactively seeking opportunities to optimize trainings and related processes)
- Must be willing and able to travel internationally
- Manage and develop internationally-based team of Trainers and Instructional Designers (e.g.: conduct Train-the-Trainer workshops & best practices, quarterly SWOT analyses, bi-annual performance reviews and training audits (remote & local), identifying career path)
- Maintain annual new hire training schedule and site-specific departmental process handbooks in collaboration with CX Management, Workforce Management and other department leaders
- Maintain our Training Environment (regularly sync with SF-based IT & Engineering department to coordinate updates)
- Manage and lead training programs that ensure customer support team members have the knowledge and skills to assist customers, solve problems, meet metrics, etc.
- Collect feedback on effectiveness of training programs, knowledge bases, etc and evolve the program as appropriate
- Evolve and update the quality assurance program to improve customer satisfaction and reduce errors made by customer support specialists
- Manages department-wide calibration programs and ensures consistency and adherence
- Dig into the relevant data to identify trends around quality issues, developing solutions on how to improve defined quality from a metrics standpoint
- Works with Quality Senior Manager and Dept VP to set department goals associated with quality assurance and training; measures performance related to meeting those goals
- Build a culture of listening and continuous learning, of driving efficiency and reducing waste, etc
- Partners with internal stakeholders to develop help center insights and analysis that will inform strategic choices in how we service our customers.
- Oversee and lead development and audit methodology of help center content is utilized by internal and external users.
- Provide recommendations that direct our evolutions around our internal knowledge base and documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years of experience in contact center training & quality delivery
- 5+ years of experience in leadership
- Excellent documentation habits, clear and concise verbal and presentation skills
- Detail-oriented, organized and strong ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects within tight time frames
- Strong problem solving skills, critical and analytical thinker with experience making business decisions
- Experience with learning and knowledge management systems
- Proficient in the following programs: Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps, JIRA (or similar agile tool), CRM (preferably Salesforce), and at least one LMS (ideally implementation experience)
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE IS/HAS:
- Advanced Degree (MA in Adult Education, Adult Learning or similar)
- Extensive call center experience
- Lean Six Sigma certification
- Knowledge of various adult learning theories
- Built and updated quality assurance platforms
- Experience managing cross-functional projects with strong track record of timely delivery and impact at scale
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work under ambitious timeframes in a fast paced, high-pressure environment
- Excellent communication skills, able to explain complex ideas concisely both in verbal and written presentations
SOME OF THE BENEFITS OF WORKING AT SQUARETRADE INCLUDE:
- Not feeling stuck! This team has exposure to many different parts of the business, making transitioning easy...we work on developing careers based on what people enjoy!
- Competitive salaries, benefits (medical, dental, vision), unlimited PTO, full 401k matching
- Respect for your work-life balance
- Free lunch and breakfast and unlimited snacks and drinks
- A paid volunteer day to give back to the community
- Discounted Gym memberships
- Company activities (from happy hours, winery trips, and picnics in the park to running a 5k)
Who We Are: SquareTrade is the top-rated protection plan trusted by millions of happy customers and offered by top retailers including Amazon, Walmart, Costco, Staples, Sam's Club and Target. We have more than 200,000 fans on Facebook, consistently win industry awards and have received tens of thousands of 5-star reviews. SquareTrade is growing year on year, and attracted the largest insurer-tech acquisitions in 2017, with a $1.4 billion purchase price by Allstate.
SquareTrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the San Francisco FCO