Squad is a new way to communicate with your friends––sharing screens and chatting live on video together. It’s the next best thing to hanging out IRL. Our novel approach makes screen time more connective and collaborative for Gen Z.
Our mission is to reduce loneliness by bringing people together to engage in meaningful and fun experiences.
We are a distributed team with a hub in San Francisco. The company has raised more than $5 million in funding from leading investors including First Round Capital, Y Combinator, BBG Ventures and Gary Vaynerchuk. Visit us at squadapp.io to try out the app on iOS or Android.
We’re looking for an outstanding Android engineer to join our team. You’ll be implementing fun and engaging features to delight our growing user base. You will be deeply involved in the design process, and own features from conception to roll out.
You will tackle a wide variety of challenges implementing real-time features using bleeding edge Android features.
You’ll collaborate closely with our founders and will report to the CTO.
This is a unique opportunity for someone who is seeking to make a big impact on a rapidly growing consumer product.
We’re a creative, diverse and fast-moving team that’s passionate about building the future of social communication. If you are driven by ownership and impact, we’d love to hear from you!
✨WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Push the limits of Android to build exciting and engaging real-time features
• Own features from design to launch and beyond
• Evaluate trade-offs to iterate quickly while not compromising on stability and quality
• Continually improve app performance while also maintaining excellent code quality
✨WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
• A highly motivated and detail-oriented Android engineer
• CS background
• 3+ years experience developing Android apps
• Strong Kotlin and Java skills
• Bonus: Helped ship and maintain a popular Android app
• Bonus: Experience with real-time/streaming video apps
• Bonus: Experience with threaded messaging interfaces
• Bonus: Experience with ARCore
• Bonus: Experience with multimedia on Android
• Bonus: Experience implementing animated interfaces
✨PERKS OF WORKING WITH US
• Employee equity plan
• Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
• Work from anywhere
• We care more about your ability to learn and execute than what degree you hold or what college you attended
• We believe in each other and will trust you to make impactful decisions
• We are biased toward action and ship product very fast and very often
• We are among the < 3% of venture-backed startups with a female CEO and strongly believe that the next great social products will be built by diverse teams
🌈 We strongly encourage women, men, non-binary, trans, parents, non-parents, and people of all ages, ethnicities and sexual orientations to apply.