Squad is a new way to communicate with your friends––sharing screens and chatting live on video together. It’s the next best thing to hanging out IRL. Our novel approach makes screen time more connective and collaborative for Gen Z.
Our mission is to reduce loneliness by bringing people together to engage in meaningful and fun experiences.
We are a distributed team with a hub in San Francisco. The company has raised more than $5 million in funding from leading investors including First Round Capital, Y Combinator, BBG Ventures and Gary Vaynerchuk. Visit us at squadapp.io to try out the app on iOS or Android.
We’re looking for our first Marketer to create our digital presence across social media and develop fun and innovative campaigns to reach teens. You’ll help supercharge our growth through getting new users to try Squad, and helping existing users get more from it. Plus, You’ll have tremendous impact on the product strategy as you uncover what users do and don’t respond to.
You’ll collaborate closely with our founders and will report to the CEO.
This is a unique opportunity for someone who will relish the challenge of creating a memorable youth-oriented brand from scratch.
We’re a creative, diverse and fast-moving team that’s passionate about building the future of social communication. If you are driven by ownership and impact, we’d love to hear from you!
✨WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Create content and manage our social channels on Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter
• Create ambassador program to engage our power users and micro influencers
• Launch new features and provide insights to the wider team based on experiments with messaging and targeting
• Design and implement experiments to increase growth, engagement and retention
• Evaluate and report on important metrics that affect growth, engagement and retention
• Own external communications for the team
✨WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
• Deep understanding of Gen Z culture and trends
• 2+ years experience in digital marketing at a startup or fast paced tech company
• In-depth knowledge of various social media platforms, best practices and analytics
• Highly proficient in Excel and Google Sheets, including building and maintaining campaign performance reports, with the ability to leverage data to make decisions that drive growth
• Savvy communicator who can distill complex concepts into clear and compelling narratives
• You pride yourself on your creativity and willingness to try new things
• A self-starter with a love of learning and a commitment to personal and professional growth
• Bonus: experience working on a distributed team
✨PERKS OF WORKING WITH US
• Employee equity plan
• Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
• Work from anywhere
• We care more about your ability to learn and execute than what degree you hold or what college you attended
• We believe in each other and will trust you to make impactful decisions
• We are biased toward action and ship product very fast and very often
• We are among the < 3% of venture-backed startups with a female CEO and strongly believe that the next great social products will be built by diverse teams
🌈 We strongly encourage women, men, parents, non-parents, and people of all ethnicities and sexual orientations to apply.