ABOUT THE JOB
Spruce is a real estate tech company changing the face of the real estate transaction. As a part of the Spruce Engineering team, you will help to build a cutting edge platform that will define the future of real estate transactions. In this role, your strong skills and knowledge in modern web platforms, frameworks, and techniques will be put to the test while we lower transaction costs, create new technology based efficiencies and engineer a transparent, fast transaction process that improves access to the largest source of capital most of us will ever have - real estate.
We are always seeking talented full-stack software engineers to join us. Engineers on our team play a critical role in developing infrastructure, user-facing features and contributing to our development culture.
What you’ll do:
- Bring Spruce’s user-facing (buyers, sellers, clients, lenders, internal operations) properties from their infancy to mature, industry-leading products
- Collaborate with design and product to craft technical solutions to business problems
- Learn and share functional programming techniques as we hone our tools and approaches
- Attack hard UX problems
- Help ensure uptime, performance and user experience are delivered without compromise
- Design, participate in, and advocate for agile methodologies
- Help develop Spruce's engineering culture
- Hold yourself and your peers accountable for delivering work they can be proud of
- Maintain full visibility of the status of the projects for which you are responsible
- Continuously learn and challenge yourself and others in an open discussion to improve code and products.
What we’re looking for:
- You love crafting great interfaces and interactions
- You make a habit of learning and experimenting with new technologies
- You’re thoughtful about framework design decisions, and understand the consequences
- You love to learn, and equally love to share your knowledge with others.
- You’re both a listener and contributor.
- You are a great communicator and you take care to understand before making yourself understood.
- You thrive in a fast-paced early stage startup environment
- You appreciate the value of investing in automated tests
- You can express yourself concisely in writing
- You have 2+ years of experience, or equivalent skills
- Bonus points for experience with, React, MobX, Rails, TypeScript
Spruce is the platform that enables fast, frictionless, and transparent real estate transactions across the country. We believe the future of real estate will be driven by automation and empowering homeowners, so our mission is to make real estate transactions amazing for everyone involved in the process.
As a small, ambitious startup there is lots to do, of course, but everyone at Spruce is passionate about supporting each other and making the office a fun and comfortable place to spend time. We’re located in Flatiron in a dog- and family-friendly office. We offer unlimited vacation, flexible hours, comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans, a dazzling variety and amount of La Croix (that’s organized by color in a separate fridge!), breakfast on Monday mornings, lunch on Wednesdays, monthly game nights, happy hour every other week, and lots of free snacks.
We are an intentionally diverse group and believe that a diversity of experiences in the workplace ensures a broader range of perspectives, a more inclusive company, and better products. We welcome individuals from all walks of life to consider becoming a part of it. We intentionally set out to build a team that is inclusive to all, recognizing that a diversity of experiences in the workplace ensures a broader range of perspectives, a stronger team, and better products. We are proud of the team we’re building, and we continue to be committed to equal opportunity employment. The more inclusive we are, the better we can serve our customers.