About the right team member:
You believe that people are the most important part of any organization, and you make it your mission to attract, recruit, and retain the very best. You are excited to build a strategy that develops and retains key talent, ensuring that we don’t sacrifice on caliber as we scale. You view the workplace as more than just a paycheck, and you hold talent development second to none. You are driven to increase overall engagement and productivity, and you constantly look for feedback on how to accomplish those goals. You know how to help experienced managers and you can teach new managers. Above all, you value and embrace curiosity, diversity, and self-awareness.
As Director of People at Spruce you’ll get to:
- Lead a division of Spruce that is critical to the short and long term success of the company.
- Oversee all of people operations, including: employer brand; recruiting process; onboarding and offboarding; compensation and promotion philosophy; talent development; employee relations; diversity & inclusion efforts; benefits; HR policy and compliance.
- Represent the people operations department on the executive team, helping to evolve the employee experience in all of our offices as we grow. Support organizational planning including compensation and hiring plan strategies to ensure our company objectives are being met.
- Create our talent development strategy, including career mapping across business units and offices to enable internal mobility; learning & development program including leadership training.
- Build relationships with employees at all levels, become a resource and trusted confidante to all. Drive efforts to ensure that new hires are successfully integrated into the team.
- Develop proactive strategies to help employees perform to their highest potential and support managers in their efforts to coach and counsel their teams.
- Embody our culture by leading the charge on maintaining and enhancing the culture in line with our values. This will include overseeing the organization of regular events and coming up with new, innovative, and social ways to directly enrich the day-to-day of our employees.
You will be successful if you have:
- Unparalleled communication and interpersonal skills; high EQ
- A minimum of 10 years of applicable People Ops/HR experience in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, ideally a start-up or growth stage company
- Experience with a multi-office organization
- A flexible yet thoughtful approach to strategic decision making, striking the right balance between advocating for our business and our employees
- A love of people, technology and a strong desire to solve problems
- A willingness to travel between offices as needed
- Live in NYC or willing to relocate or commute