Spruce is looking for a Senior Back End Software Engineer to join its growing Engineering team in NYC. The Senior Back End Software Engineer will be integral in building the first cloud-based closing, escrow, and title solution for the real estate industry. The ideal candidate will have an interest in real estate and thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Create efficiency. Our software is replacing reams of paper and dozens of manual processes. We maintain it through clean code, pragmatic programming, and lean engineering.
- Help develop Spruce's company and engineering cultures
- Have 5+ years of professional experience in back end development, preferably with some startup experience
- Have done most of the following: (micro)-services, SQL databases, streaming data processing, asynchronous jobs
- Understand distributed state (at a basic level). (CAP, Zookeeper/Raft and why they exist, linearization, quorum) Ideal candidates would be able to meaningfully discuss a jepsen.io analysis in some detail
- Experience with big data tools a plus (Kafka, Kinesis, Spark (Streaming), BigQuery, RedShift, etc)
- Serverless experience a plus (AWS Lambda Functions, Google Cloud Functions)