ABOUT THE JOB
As a Product Designer at Spruce, you will work cross-functionally to design and develop experiences that address real user and business needs. You have an understanding of the objectives and how they relate to the company vision, and are continually thinking about how your design work supports these. You are proficient in sketching, wireframing, and interaction design, and have a strong understanding of the best tool to use for the job.
Additionally, you will be integral in influencing design culture and product development at Spruce. You will report to and work closely with the Director of Design on projects, hiring, culture, and career.
What you’ll do:
- Effectively use and improve an early, evolving design system
- Execute your design work in a holistic, future-looking manner by designing with user needs front of mind and thinking in terms of systems and flows, not just screens
- Begin every project by partnering with product managers, but collaborate throughout the design and development process with all necessary stakeholders, particularly engineers
- Conduct all aspects of the design process, including research, UX and UI design, prototyping and testing, and creating artifacts as necessary for your projects
- Contribute to the company’s user research and product strategy
- Deliver user experiences with minimal to zero UX debt
What we’re looking for:
- A human-centered approach to design - You build empathy for the people you are designing for and you understand that their feedback is fundamental to creating effective solutions.
- Collaboration - You make an effort to involve all necessary stakeholders in your process. You take criticism well and know how to prioritize and incorporate varying points of view.
- Communication - You build trust and consensus by practicing inclusion and trust, and by articulating your design decisions in an empathetic and practical manner
- Nimble - You constantly evaluate and validate your ideas, and challenge yourself to identify ways to solve your user’s problems while balancing technical complexity, scope, time, and business needs.
- B2B experience and located in NYC would be nice, but not required.
Spruce is the platform that enables fast, frictionless, and transparent real estate transactions across the country. We believe the future of real estate will be driven by automation and empowering homeowners, so our mission is to make real estate transactions amazing for everyone involved in the process.
As a small, ambitious startup there is lots to do, of course, but everyone at Spruce is passionate about supporting each other and making the office a fun and comfortable place to spend time. Located in Chelsea, our dog- and family-friendly office is bright and sunny – just like our disposition. We offer unlimited vacation, flexible hours, comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans, a dazzling variety and amount of La Croix (that’s organized by color in a separate fridge!), yummy bagels on Monday mornings, a free team lunch on Wednesdays, monthly game nights, happy hour every other week, and lots of free snacks.
We are an intentionally diverse group and believe that a diversity of experiences in the workplace ensures a broader range of perspectives, a more inclusive company, and better products. We welcome individuals from all walks of life to consider becoming a part of it. Women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and minorities (particularly Black, Latinx, Native American, LGBTQ, or individuals who were the first in their family to go to college) are encouraged to apply.