Spruce is looking for a Data Analyst to join the Data Science team in NYC. The Data Analyst will assist the development of new digital capability for new title underwriting automation and analytics tools in the real estate industry. You will have initiative, innovation and good judgment in a dynamic startup environment.
- Title search process analysis
- Create title search logic document and use case
- Collaborate and communicate with data engineer, legal team, and external vendor
- Conduct quality assurance of the software code
- Support production implementation
- Develop machine learning models when required
You will possess strong social and interpersonal skills and be able to seamlessly collaborate with other members of the team and across functions. You will demonstrate attention to detail, organization, and work, including driving projects to completion in accordance with established timelines.
This position will work with the Director, Data Science and will locate in midtown Manhattan.
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative fields is required, data science and analytics related degrees are preferred
- Proficient in Python and SQL
- Familiar with web scraping, OCR, NLP, machine learning, and API technologies
- Knowledge of insurance industry is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
- Highly motivated and creative problem solver; able to self-initiate and thrive in a results-oriented environment; positive attitude
- Ability to convey sense of urgency and to work productively and cooperatively with team members