Associate Product Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
ABOUT THE JOB
As an Associate Product Manager at Spruce, you will work closely with the Senior Product Managers to gain an understanding of the product roadmap and the features in the pipeline. Equipped with this understanding and a learned knowledge of the Spruce offering, you will support the Product Design and Engineering teams with feature research, sprint management, story writing, feature QA environment management and feature deploys. You will be integral in ensuring the product team is delivering consistent value to our customers as well as our internal stakeholder teams. You will develop a deep-seated knowledge of the iterative product development process, grow to understand how to implement processes, and refine your stakeholder management skills by supporting the product team.
You are a learner and problem-solver that is continually thinking about how to make things better - processes, features, relationships...all of it. You are an excellent communicator that is not afraid to ask questions in order to ensure you are on the right track and to get the job done. You are hungry to learn and excited to equip yourself for a career in product management. You are a self-starter that has the ability to see through the small stuff in order to achieve the greater goal.
You will be integral in influencing team culture and product development team at Spruce. You will report to the VP of Product with day to day work articulated by Senior Product Managers.
What you’ll do:
- Own the product portion of the QA and development environment upkeep
- Become an expert in Jira and Confluence, deeply understanding the product development processes and manage documentation for all users.
- Collaborate with engineering to understand technical implementation complexities and identify challenges for the purposes of focused and efficient testing
- Coordinate and manage releases to mitigate internal and external risk
Work to understand the product roadmap, the prioritization process and the reasons for what the product team is currently focused on
- Support the product managers to document the collection of feedback from design, engineering and business stakeholders collecting feedback
- Gather and manage product feedback through surveys, concept testing, analytics tools, and A/B testing
What we’re looking for:
- You love the details and thrive on seeing how excellent execution helps Spruce solve challenging problems in a complicated and evolving real estate tech industry.
- You adapt well to change and the fast paced nature of a startup environment; You see change as a place where opportunity grows
- You’re a superb collaborator and communicator; You are outgoing and inquisitive
- You are resourceful but not afraid to ask questions about things you don’t know or understand
- You are a relentless self starter that is constantly prioritizing your work; You understand that a fast paced atmosphere means things change quickly and have the ability to distill what that means for your work and how it should be done
- You flourish in fast-paced and ambiguous environments, and are always willing to roll-up your sleeves to help the team
Bonus for experience using SQL or other data tools to aggregate data and compile data analytics
Spruce is the platform that enables fast, frictionless, and transparent real estate transactions across the country. We believe the future of real estate will be driven by automation and empowering homeowners, so our mission is to make real estate transactions amazing for everyone involved in the process.
As a small, ambitious startup there is lots to do, of course, but everyone at Spruce is passionate about supporting each other and making the office a fun and comfortable place to spend time. Located in Flatiron, our dog- and family-friendly office is bright and sunny – just like our disposition. We offer unlimited vacation, flexible hours, comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans, a dazzling variety and amount of La Croix (that’s organized by color in a separate fridge!), yummy bagels on Monday mornings, a free team lunch on Wednesdays, monthly game nights, happy hour every other week, and lots of free snacks.
We are an intentionally diverse group and believe that a diversity of experiences in the workplace ensures a broader range of perspectives, a more inclusive company, and better products. We welcome individuals from all walks of life to consider becoming a part of it. We intentionally set out to build a team that is inclusive to all, recognizing that a diversity of experiences in the workplace ensures a broader range of perspectives, a stronger team, and better products. We are proud of the team we’re building, and we continue to be committed to equal opportunity employment. The more inclusive we are, the better we can serve our customers.