Spring is accelerating the discovery of therapies for aging and its related diseases
. A tight integration of biology and machine learning is at our core, and we're building a rare team of scientists and computational folks that work together closely, fighting disease.As part of our high-throughput lab team, you will help us develop and deploy cell culture assays for aging-related disease.Impact
Aging is the single greatest risk factor for the most detrimental diseases on Earth — cardiovascular disease, neurodegenerative disease, pulmonary disease, cancer, muscle wasting, and more — and drugs that slow the biological damage accumulated while aging have the potential to reduce the incidences of these diseases, possibly simultaneously. We believe that in the not-too-distant future, the discovery of therapies for aging will provide some of the most effective tools in history for reducing our burden of disease and extending our healthy lifespan.
Our mission is to dramatically accelerate the realization of that future. And we’re bringing a new set of machine learning tools to bear on this challenge.Yes, you belong
We are building a cross-functional team. We don't expect you to have a background in machine learning, just as we don't expect our computational folks to be expert biologists. We do expect our teams to work respectfully and closely, learning together every day.
We value building a diverse, inclusive environment and welcome all applicants regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, education, age, or other personal characteristics.About you
- Education. BS/MS in biology or related discipline (or equivalent experience).
- Experience. 3+ years of relevant experience in industry or academia
- Cell culture expertise. Strong experience with cell culture approaches.
- Lab expertise. Excellent lab and organizational habits.
- Hands-on. You are energized by the idea of performing hands-on, high-quality lab work with real impact for the world.
- Open-minded and collaborative. You're excited to work closely with experts in a different field (machine learning), learn from each other, and incorporate brand new approaches into your expertise.
- Tends towards ownership. You do anything necessary to solve the problem at hand.
- Driven by impact. You're most motivated when working on a problem of important consequence, no matter what's necessary to do so.
Nice to have
- Experience with high content imaging.
- Experience with high throughput screening.
- Experience as part of a metrics- and data-focused lab.
- Experience on teams that've successfully advanced research to clinic.
- Competitive salary and equity in a growing, well-funded startup
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous vacation policy
- Healthy feedback-focused environment — leadership will have high expectations, regularly share constructive feedback, expect you to grow, and welcome receiving feedback from you
A unique moment
We have deep support from some of the best investors in the world: General Catalyst, First Round, Felicis, Laura Deming's Longevity Fund, pharma/biotech angels, and many more. Our advisors are world leaders in aging research, senior execs at pharma, and top tech entrepreneurs.
And at the same time, we're just getting started. You're joining a team that has the funding needed to be ambitious while still early enough to help define our culture, choices, and success. Our expectations of you — and of ourselves — are high.
To fighting disease, together!