At Springbuk, we’re a team of highly driven, team-oriented self-starters. We work hard—and win big—while crafting a high-energy, inspiring company culture. We aspire to challenge old ways of thinking and impact real change in the healthcare industry. Our team is on a mission to prevent disease with data. Interested?
This position reports to the CEO and will be responsible for new business and sales growth for the company. The VP will be charged with leading the sales organization through the next wave of growth. The VP will serve as a player/coach, leading the existing sales team and will be expected to build-out the team to capitalize on the overall market opportunity. He/She will be expected to implement a structured sales management process and approach that is disciplined, focused, metrics-driven, and leverages the use of appropriate tools, processes, and structures. Our ideal candidate will share our mission of arming employers, wellness vendors and clinics with the insights to drive engagement, pinpoint risk and deliver a measurable return. Want to join the team?
The VP will have a broad set of responsibilities that will encompass the following:
- Provide leadership and direction for day-to-day sales (new business) for the company, ensuring a culture of high performance and success.
- Develop and implement the overall sales strategy and operating plans for achieving annual and long-term revenue and growth targets for the organization.
- Determine the ideal sales approach, ensuring standards, processes and solution-selling methodologies are in place to serve existing and new potential customers most effectively.
- Determine the appropriate head count and structure for the sales organization in order to successfully drive new business.
- Create a high-performing team, leading all aspects of key talent retention, skills development, performance management and staffing (recruiting, hiring and training).
- Foster teamwork and respect, in all aspects of team support and administration.
- Provide leadership, inspiration, guidance, and counsel to the Springbuk team.
- Utilize CRM to ensure consistent and standardized monitoring of prospect and client information, account-specific sales activities, forecasting, territory management and quote management.
- Establish and communicate clear and accurate expectations on sales targets and consistently achieve results.
- Drive a value-based selling approach to acquiring new clients.
- Help develop pricing strategies based on various selling-process situations.
- Building of relationships with strategic partners and identify/create new opportunities for business growth and expansion.
- Develop forecasting projections with consistent, accurate and relevant sales revenue and expense budget models that meet company objectives. Prepare monthly and annual sales forecasts.
- Serve as a key company spokesperson on sales-related matters, communicating regularly and effectively with all relevant stakeholders.
- Participate with the executive team in Board of Director meetings and presentations.
- Maintain a high level of motivation and morale.
- Work with the CEO and Board of Directors to define the proper GTM including identifying markets and tactics.
A strong candidate will have:
The VP will be a proven commercial and business development leader with a demonstrated track record of success and at least 10 years of broad-based, progressive experience. One will bring a broad understanding of the healthcare, benefits and insurance, and population health sectors especially on the current trends and the future direction of this rapidly changing HR Tech industry.
He/she will possess a successful track record selling into the employer market and developing key relationships with the broker community. Prior experience working within a growth-oriented environment is critical.
The VP will be immediately recognizable as a leader, possessing outstanding communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly establish credibility and rapport with a broad set of executives and constituencies. He/she will have a strong executive presence and be comfortable and credible interfacing within the “c-suite”.
The VP will be a results-driven, ambitious and self-motivated individual looking to join a unique organization with significant growth potential.
Other desired capabilities/experience includes:
- Proven to successfully drive business development and top-line revenue working with employers and brokers.
- Process- and metrics-oriented with a keen understanding of value-based selling.
- Entrepreneurial and commercial instinct. Highly self-motivated and thrives on autonomy, yet naturally collaborates with peers.
- Proven management/leadership experience and experienced in building teams.
- Strategic with ability and willingness to roll up sleeves; assume player/coach role.
- Self-confident, resourceful and highly competitive but with a nonabrasive style.
- Open and candid, effective and persuasive. Able to communicate complex concepts and issues effectively and efficiently, both orally and in writing, to an executive audience.
- High integrity and credibility as perceived by all those with whom he/she will work.
- Strong external/client-driven focus.
- An excellent motivator who is charismatic, action-oriented and confident. Ability to inspire confidence in others.
- Results-driven and self-motivated.
Overall, the successful candidate will have the demonstrated ability to immediately assume commercial leadership for the company and will play a critical role in the company’s growth over the next few years.
- A bachelor’s degree is required
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.