The Health Intelligence program at Springbuk is on a mission to convert data into insights for our customers and partners. The Health Intelligence engineering team works closely with our Data Science and Applied Analytics product teams to implement next generation predictive models into our Ruby on Rails web application, backed by Postgres and ElasticSearch.
We’re a team of highly driven, team-oriented self-starters. We work hard—and win big—while crafting a high-energy, inspiring company culture. We aspire to challenge old ways of thinking and impact real change in the healthcare industry. Our team is on a mission to prevent disease with data. Interested?
In the first 6 months you will:
- Develop features on our insights rules engine backend written in Ruby/Rails and SQL
- Integrate predictive models into our production Rails app
- Build and enhance front end elements in React
Who you should be:
- 3+ years experience with web-based applications (Ruby on Rails strongly preferred)
- Experience creating highly performant APIs (REST and/or GraphQL, etc)
- You are able to work in an agile, iterative, and test-driven environment
- You are familiar with continuous integration
- You tend to obsess over code simplicity and performance
Not required, but a plus:
- Experience working in a dynamic startup environment
- Experience with ElasticSearch
- Experience moving data from Postgres into ElasticSearch
- Software development & delivery in a SaaS environment
- Full stack developer
- Able to analyze code and engineer well-researched and responsive solutions
- Produce quality, creative, debuggable, testable and maintainable code
- Learn new things, fail fast, and explore new coding territory
- Mentor and provide guidance on technical issues to less experienced team members.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Springbuk is unable to consider non-US based remote employees for this position at this time.