At Springbuk, we’re a highly driven, deeply encouraging team of self-starters. We work hard and win big while also crafting a high-energy, inspiring company culture. We probably drink too much coffee and definitely crack too many jokes, but why strive to be the best if you aren’t also having the best time? We aren’t just looking to do things the same way they’ve always been done either; now is our chance to challenge old ways of thinking and blaze new trails. We’re on a mission: Use data to prevent disease. Interested?
We’re searching for the perfect addition to our rapidly growing team: a standout UI/UX Designer who's ready to really make a difference. We’re less concerned about specific titles and more interested in your amazing abilities (because we all know how convoluted and confusing UI/UX job titles have become). Do you get fired up about pixel-perfect application design and a flawless user experience? Do you geek out over things like button placement and information architecture? Do you thrive at the intersection of design, development, and interaction? If this sounds like you, explore the job specifics below. You might be exactly who we’re looking for, and we’d love to get in touch!
PS - Please include a link to your portfolio with your resume submission.
Key Skills and Traits:
- Attention to detail - You understand the importance of delivering a jaw-dropping interface design while maintaining an intuitive user experience.
- Valuable professional experience - While we won’t put a prerequisite on the number of years you've been honing your craft, we do want to see examples of your work that showcase significant, applicable industry experience. We're most interested in responsive web application design.
- A beautiful mind - You excel at articulating problems, solutions, and user needs to a wide variety of audiences. You demonstrate your design-centric thought processes as they relate to UI/UX and other creative projects.
- A voice to the world - You represent yourself, your ideas, and your team with poise and a steady hand. You radiate communication, social, and presentation skills in both internally and externally facing activities.
- Troubleshooter - Independent but collaborative problem solvers are an integral part of our culture, and we want you to fit right in.
- Jack (or Jill) of many trades - While our proven team of devs are the coding experts, the more you understand HTML, CSS and other languages from their world, the better.
- Tenacious - In order to ensure a project's success, you can pivot from brainstorming big ideas with the team to delivering meticulous mock-ups to collaborating with a coder. No task is too great or too small if it means a team win.
- Go-getter - You know how to diagnose areas for improvement and spearhead UI redesigns. We appreciate fresh thinking at Springbuk and your ideas matter, so we expect you to bring them to life.
- Participate in client discovery and requirements-gathering sessions to understand business needs and user motivations. Translate findings into actionable information. Partner with a variety of client and project teams across Springbuk to define clear user types and success criteria.
- Apply information from sales, marketing, and product teams as well as UX research to create quality user experiences that achieve quantifiable results.
- Lead the development of User Experience deliverables that provide a foundation for new feature development and existing feature improvements. These deliverables include user stories, wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, and other guidelines as needed.
- Brainstorm and workshop ideas for translating business requirements into brilliant interfaces and memorable brand experiences.
- Perform heuristic evaluations that measure and quantify the success of our application's design and user experience. Document any weaknesses and make appropriate recommendations for future development.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.