At Springbuk, we’re undergoing a major platform re-architecture in response to our rapidly scaling customer base. We need your help to lead that transition from monolith to microservices and from data analysis that works to data analysis that scales.
We’re a team of highly driven, team-oriented self-starters. We work hard—and win big—while crafting a high-energy, inspiring company culture. We aspire to challenge old ways of thinking and impact real change in the healthcare industry. Our team is on a mission to prevent disease with data. Interested?
During your first year at Springbuk, you will:
- Incrementally migrate our monolithic Ruby on Rails app to a collection of microservices, improving performance along the way
- Implement caching and optimization strategies to return population health insights in seconds across hundreds of thousands of patients
- Move large portions of our data model from Postgres into ElasticSearch
Who you should be:
- 5+ years experience with database performance and scalability (SQL and NoSQL)
- Experience creating highly performant APIs (REST and/or GraphQL, etc)
- 5+ years experience with Object Oriented Programming
- You are able to work in an agile, iterative, and test-driven environment
- You are familiar with database modeling and query analysis
- You are familiar with continuous integration
- You tend to obsess over code simplicity and performance
Not required, but a plus:
- Experience working in a dynamic startup environment
- Experience with ElasticSearch
- Full stack developer
- Software development & delivery in a SaaS environment
- Able to analyze code and engineer well-researched and responsive solutions
- Produce quality, creative, debuggable, testable and maintainable code
- Learn new things, fail fast, and explore new coding territory
- Mentor and provide guidance on technical issues to less experienced team members.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Springbuk is unable to consider non-US based remote employees for this position at this time.