At Springbuk, we’re a highly driven, deeply encouraging team of self-starters. We work hard and win big while also crafting a high-energy, inspiring company culture. We probably drink too much coffee and definitely crack too many jokes, but why strive to be the best if you aren’t also having the best time? We aren’t just looking to do things the same way they’ve always been done either; now is our chance to challenge old ways of thinking and blaze new trails. We’re on a mission: Use data to prevent disease.
The Support Engineer will provide internal support for Springbuk’s products and services. You will respond to incoming requests for support and drive informed and timely solutions. You will help drive the design of solutions implemented for clients and work with other Engineers in the delivery of new technical implementations. This is a great opportunity to build your skills in both depth and breadth in a highly technical, fast-paced environment while working with a wide variety of cutting-edge technologies.
While we will consider remote-work for the right candidate, we would prefer you to be able to work locally from our office in Indianapolis, IN.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Excellent problem-solving skills – you might not know all the answers but you know how to find and communicate the solution.
- Address production issues and follow up with internal users to ensure satisfactory resolution.
- Develop methodologies and systems to automate and support product implementations.
- Build, maintain and improve existing technical support tools and procedures.
- Maintains, updates and generates reports from in-house data.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Comfortable working with senior engineers to help champion creative solutions that benefit the team.
- Smart, driven, creative, and able to make mistakes and learn from them.
- Interface with other Engineers and Developers to tackle real business problems.
- Possess a high degree of self-management, personal accountability, and strong communication.
- Continual knowledge transfer, training and mentoring of more junior staff is expected, i.e., a teacher, a listener, and a collaborator.
- 2-5 years experience with Ruby on Rails.
- Good understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances.
- Working knowledge of Github.
- Good understanding of relational and NoSQL databases.
- Working knowledge of UNIX, BASH and Shell scripting, command-line utilities
- Good understanding of secure data transfer protocols (SFTP/FTPS)
- 2-5 years experience with Node.js development
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
- Strong communication skills
- Can work independently and within a team structure
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.