At Springbuk, we’re a team of highly driven, team-oriented self-starters. We work hard—and win big—while crafting a high-energy, inspiring company culture. We aspire to challenge old ways of thinking and impact real change in the healthcare industry. Our team is on a mission to prevent disease with data. Interested?
The Data Analyst Engineer will participate in delivering high-quality Springbuk data solutions. You will be working with the rest of the Data Management & Operations team to contribute to the overall design and architecture of Springbuk’s data products. Does this sound like you? Apply to join our rapidly growing team.
What You’re Accountable For:
- Conduct business Analysis to determine and translate business requirements into data solutions
- Produce complex data queries, as well as the translation of results into logical and understandable formats including data manipulation and dataset preparation
- Clean and integrate complex healthcare datasets in order to build the data foundation for further analytics and the development of key insights
- Perform transformation of logical data architectures into physical data designs, according to database design standard methodologies and standards
- Data modeling, design and development
- Provide database administration services to projects building, extending or maintaining databases, data warehouses and data-marts
- Debug database components, identify, fixes and verify remediation of design and/or performance defects
- Perform ongoing refactoring of database design and continuously improve product to follow data placement procedures and re-use of existing databases as appropriate
- Monitor data and storage performance and communicate issues
Skills/Experience You’ll Need To Have:
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, math, engineering, or business field
- Three to five years of experience in data analysis/database programming or equivalent
- Advanced SQL skills essential
- Knowledge of database design, data structures, and databases in structured and unstructured environments is essential
- Experience in Business Intelligence, Data Insights, and Data Analytics
- Knowledge of Big Data Tools and Solutions is advantageous
- Excellent analytical and communication skills with active listening and summarization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness and ability to learn new technologies and methodologies.
- Ability to work both independently and in small team environments
Tech Stack You Will Be Using:
- SQL, PL/SQL
- PostgreSQL, RedShift
- Python, Perl or bash scripting
- Pentaho Data Integration (PDI)- experience a plus
- RESTful APIs
- Amazon Web Services (RDS, Lambda, EC2, S3, etc)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.