At Springbuk, we’re a highly driven, deeply encouraging team of self-starters. We work hard and win big while also crafting a high-energy, inspiring company culture. We probably drink too much coffee and definitely crack too many jokes, but why strive to be the best if you aren’t also having the best time? We aren’t just looking to do things the same way they’ve always been done either; now is our chance to challenge old ways of thinking and blaze new trails. We’re on a mission: Use data to prevent disease. Interested?
The Senior Project Manager is the glue that helps keep projects and people working together through planning, organizing, managing and executing projects from beginning to end.
- Project Planning and Management – Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects.
- Team Management – Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work, and mentoring and developing team members.
- Product Owner Support – Support the Product Owner in leading customer expectations for project deliverables, leading stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance.
- Process Management and Improvement – Define and lead a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management.
- Team building – promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment.
- A proven track record successfully implementing software or web development projects using Agile methodologies including 10+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams.
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience leading cross-functional project teams.
- Strong persuasion and negotiation skills, including conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a professional manner with technology staff, business stakeholders, end users, management and others outside the organization.
- Balanced business/technical background:
- Sufficient levels of technical background to provide highly credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues.
- Ability to provide leadership to the development team and collaborate with the Product Owner to develop strategies and solutions of high business value.
- BA or BS or equivalent experience is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building.
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs and able to establish/maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met.
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools:
- Agile Project Management tools (Pivotal Tracker)
- MS Office Toolset
- Screen Sharing tools
- Virtual Communications
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level.
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Planning and organizing
- Communication skills
- Influencing and leading
- Conflict management
- Stress tolerance
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.