At Springbuk, we’re a team of highly driven, team-oriented self-starters. We work hard—and win big—while crafting a high-energy, inspiring company culture. We aspire to challenge old ways of thinking and impact real change in the healthcare industry. Our team is on a mission to prevent disease with data. Interested?
As Data Analyst/Data Wrangler, you will focus on analyzing, processing, auditing, and vetting the quality of incoming data within the Data Operations Business Unit. You will work with the rest of the DataOps team towards the vision of continuously improving data consumption at Springbuk.
What You're Accountable For:
- Review incoming/supplied data files for correct formatting and processing requirements.
- Perform data discoveries to understand data formats, source systems, file sizes, etc. This will include engaging with internal and external business partners in the discovery process.
- Deliver data acquisition, transformations, normalization, mapping, and loading of data into a variety of data models.
- Utilize a suite of tools to determine data compliance to requirements.
- Analyze data to identify deliverables, gaps, and inconsistencies.
- Complete accurate source to target mappings.
- Act as a SME about all relevant data.
- Ensure quality, coverage and accuracy of data. Validate data quality content in conjunction leveraging reports and tools to monitor and visualize data.
- Troubleshoot and conduct root cause analysis for data issues.
- Conduct quality assurance and audit on all data.
- Conduct data loads on a rolling basis.
- Interact with all levels of people including Data Engineers, Customer Support and Implementation Project Managers to support their needs.
- Assist in the development of ETL migration plans for all clients, including developing a level of subject matter expertise with each new data asset being loaded.
- Lead and execute activities to support all aspects bringing data ingestion to enable accurate monitoring and quick issue resolution.
- Help develop strategies, standards, and best practices in the areas of data wrangling and data analysis.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Computer Science or relevant field
- Demonstrated a high level of curiosity, research and problem-solving ability in past data wrangling experiences exercising mature judgment
- Ability to deliver results consistently in a highly milestone-driven environment
- Excellent analytical skills and impeccable logic
- Excellent troubleshooting abilities
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent planning, time-management, and implementation abilities
- Proficiency in SQL including the use of SQL editors, stored procedures, database triggers and optimizing SQL statements
- Strong knowledge of data quality, reporting, analytics, and visualization
- High drive and passion for using the latest technical tools and constantly improving processes
- Good understanding of technical concepts, principles and terminology
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to clearly and correctly state and summarize technical information to both technical and non- technical audiences
- Hands on experience with Information modeling, report development in Tableau a plus
- Experience with metrics development and data governance a plus
- Knowledge of Python, Java a plus
- Knowledge of Pentaho a plus
- Experience with ETL and/or other Big Data processes a plus
- Healthcare experience a plus
- Strong time management skills and multi-tasking capabilities
Tech Stack You Will Be Using:
- SQL, PL/SQL
- PostgreSQL, RedShift
- Python, Perl or bash scripting
- Pentaho Data Integration (PDI)
- RESTful APIs
- Amazon Web Services (RDS, Lambda, EC2, S3, etc)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.