At Springbuk, we’re a highly driven, deeply encouraging team of self-starters. We work hard and win big while also crafting a high-energy, inspiring company culture. We probably drink too much coffee and definitely crack too many jokes, but why strive to be the best if you aren’t also having the best time? We aren’t just looking to do things the same way they’ve always been done either; now is our chance to challenge old ways of thinking and blaze new trails. We’re on a mission: Use data to prevent disease. Interested?
We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) engineer to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality. QA engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging, and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track QA metrics (e.g. bug densities and bug counts.)
The QA engineer role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. You will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches and feature deployments to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs while being cost-effective. If you hold an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to meet you.
While we will consider remote-work for the right person, we would prefer you to be able to work locally from our office in Indianapolis, IN.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and relevant feedback
- Build detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
Who you should be:
- Proven work experience in software development
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Validated experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.