Spokeo is a people search engine that both enlightens and empowers our customers. With over 12 billion records and 18 million visitors per month, we reconnect friends, reunite families, prevent fraud, and more. Every day our nimble team takes on enormous challenges in data science that push the limits of the cloud and search architecture.
Spokeo is seeking a Software Developer, Backend to join us in Pasadena, CA. Spokeo builds innovative products that make your world more transparent. We help you know the people around you better so you can be more connected, more protected and trust a little easier.
- Write clean and performant code for our backend data services REST API
- Work cross-functionally to support data access needs for multiple databases
- Collaborate with product owners, QA, and DevOps across multiple Scrum teams
- Create and maintain documentation including API usage and logic flow diagrams
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- 5+ years of development experience in web applications and/or backend APIs
- 3+ years using SQL and NoSQL technologies
- Experience with ElasticSearch, Lucene, and/or Solr
- Experience developing with cloud services, AWS recommended
- Experience implementing and troubleshooting high-usage, high-throughput systems
- Experience optimizing application performance and database queries
- Strong foundation in object-oriented programming, algorithms, and data structures
- Experience with services, microservices, and serverless environments a plus
- Knowledge of agile methodology and Scrum framework a plus
Recruiters or staffing agencies: Spokeo is not obligated to compensate any external recruiter or search firm who presents a candidate or their resume or profile to a Spokeo employee without 1) a current, fully-executed agreement on file and 2) being assigned to the open position (as a search) via our applicant tracking solution.