Spokeo is a people search engine that both enlightens and empowers our customers. With over 12 billion records and 18 million visitors per month, we reconnect friends, reunite families, prevent fraud, and more. Every day our nimble team takes on enormous challenges in data science that push the limits of the cloud and search architecture.
As an ETL Developer at Spokeo, you will be responsible for the timely release of production data updates. This can include running and monitoring of production ETL jobs, error handling and investigation, and assisting with the development of new ETL development or minor changes to production processes.
- Running and monitoring of recurring production ETL jobs and assisting in QA and release process.
- Participating in ETL design sessions with the team.
- Error handling and investigation.
- Assisting in the ongoing development of technical best practices for data movement, data quality, data cleansing, and other ETL related activities.
- Performing ad-hoc investigations into data anomalies as needed.
- Production support of new or changing mappings and workflows.
- Maintaining production documentation.
- B.S. preferred in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- One year of development experience with Pentaho or other ETL tool experience such as Talend, DataStage, and Informatica.
- SQL coding skills for data transformations, profiling, and query tasks.
- Experience in agile environments such as Scrum and Kanban
- Experience with Linux and Shell Scripting
- Familiarity with Hadoop fundamentals and architecture: HDFS, map-reduce, job performance.
- Familiarity with open source big data skills tools such as Hive, HBase, parquet, Spark a plus
Recruiters or staffing agencies: Spokeo is not obligated to compensate any external recruiter or search firm who presents a candidate or their resume or profile to a Spokeo employee without 1) a current, fully-executed agreement on file and 2) being assigned to the open position (as a search) via our applicant tracking solution.