Spokeo is a people search engine that both enlightens and empowers our customers. With over 12 billion records and 18 million visitors per month, we reconnect friends, reunite families, prevent fraud, and more. Every day our nimble team takes on enormous challenges in data science that push the limits of the cloud and search architecture.
The QA Data Analyst will have the opportunity to deep-dive into a variety of data sets and identify data quality issues on the most valuable asset: people data. The individual will also be able to work with big data and the latest technologies such as Amazon AWS, Tableau and Pentaho.
Day-to-Day Tasks of the Position Include:
- Perform data validation and corrections via audit reports to ensure standardization
- Guarantee the quality of the data (uniqueness, accuracy, completeness, integrity, freshness). Utilize tools and automated tests to ensure data quality
- Identify opportunities for data improvements and cleanup
- Managing documentation on data quality checks and procedures in accordance with internal standards and guidelines
- Enhance and document new processes and procedures for investigating, identifying and tracking data quality issues
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Technology or related field
- 3+ years of experience in data management with a high focus on data analysis
- High attention to detail when performing data entry and analysis
- Capable of communicating and collaborating with key business stakeholders and a professional and timely manner
- General understanding of databases. Experience with SQL and/or NoSQL.
- Strong analytical skills, detailed and process oriented
- Ability to create and report on master data metrics using graphical representation, such as Tableau
- Ability to work as part of a team to drive results
- Process and service oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and experience in QA Methodologies
- Experience using tools to validate data elements (content and metadata)
- Have strong interpersonal skills, writing, and communication skills, as well as a dedication to software quality
Recruiters or staffing agencies: Spokeo is not obligated to compensate any external recruiter or search firm who presents a candidate or their resume or profile to a Spokeo employee without 1) a current, fully-executed agreement on file and 2) being assigned to the open position (as a search) via our applicant tracking solution.