Spokeo is a people search engine that both enlightens and empowers our customers. With over 12 billion records and 18 million visitors per month, we reconnect friends, reunite families, prevent fraud, and more. Every day our nimble team takes on enormous challenges in data science that push the limits of the cloud and search architecture.
As a Software Developer, ETL at Spokeo, you will be responsible for implementing ETL processes using a variety of data sources. This can include the effort to locate and analyze source data, create data flows to extract, profile and store ingested data, define and implement data cleansing, map data to a common schema, transform data to satisfy business rules and validate content.
- Profiling source data to assess the quality and facilitate cleansing and business requirements.
- Working with Product, Data Architects and Data Scientist to define business requirements.
- Translating business requirements into data requirements and source-to-target data mappings.
- Collaborating with Data Engineers to optimize, automate and integrate new components into the data pipeline.
- Assisting in the ongoing development of technical best practices for data movement, data quality, data cleansing, and other ETL related activities.
- Performing ad-hoc investigations into data anomalies as needed.
- B.S. preferred in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- Minimum two years of development experience with Pentaho, with a preference for five years of ETL tool experience. Prefer Pentaho version 7.0 or higher.
- Advanced SQL coding skills for data transformations, profiling, and query tasks.
- Experience in agile environments such as scrum and Kanban.
- Preference for experience in Hadoop fundamentals and architecture: HDFS, map-reduce, job performance.
- Preference for open source big data skills in tools such as Hive, HBase, parquet, Spark.
- Daily catered lunches
- Unlimited drinks and snacks
- Flexible hours
- Casual dress code
- Company events
- Team events
- Bi-annual reviews
- Game room (pool, foosball, air hockey, ping pong)
Recruiters or staffing agencies: Spokeo is not obligated to compensate any external recruiter or search firm who presents a candidate or their resume or profile to a Spokeo employee without 1) a current, fully-executed agreement on file and 2) being assigned to the open position (as a search) via our applicant tracking solution.