Spokeo is a people search engine that both enlightens and empowers our customers. With over 12 billion records and 18 million visitors per month, we reconnect friends, reunite families, prevent fraud, and more. Every day our nimble team takes on enormous challenges in data science that push the limits of the cloud and search architecture.
As the Payment and Fraud Manager, you will be responsible for payments operation, payments data analysis and business intelligence, risk management, business process improvement, and processor relationship management. You will lead a small team of chargeback and risk specialists to manage credit card network compliance and implement best payment practices. You will report directly to the VP of Operations and are expected to have a high impact on the organization.
- Manage all aspects of the payments operations, including authorization, clearing, file transmission, data analysis, pricing, chargebacks, and funds reconciliation
- Manage the activities with payment gateways and merchant bank processors
- Manage card brand compliance
- Work with Product and Engineering teams to improve our payment systems
- Work with Product and Finance teams to meet our operational, service, and
Payments Data Analysis
- Monitor and improve our metrics reporting, including transaction volume, successful charges, approval rates, number of chargebacks by card type, etc.
- Provide business intelligence around payment optimization, decline salvage, payment experience, etc. a
- Perform data analysis on payments data to uncover behavioral patterns to optimize operations and identify, develop, and support both operational and strategic decisions
Payments Team Management
- Manage a small team of chargeback & risk specialists
- Help implement a data-focused culture to our Payments team
Business Process Management
- Review, improve, and automate existing processes, procedures, and workflows
- Review and optimize the costs of payment processing, gateway, chargebacks, account updater, etc.
- Oversee the day-to-day management of chargebacks and fraud alerts
- Identify and manage risk trends, system and process gaps, and optimization opportunities
- Work with Product teams to build risk management and customer care considerations into our product roadmap
- Manage our relationships with merchant banks, payment processors, and gateway providers
- Identify, evaluate, and help implement new payment and fraud tools
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and Management, Economics, Finance, Accounting, or Marketing
- 4+ years of experience with payment operations and risk management
- 4+ years of experience with credit card association regulations and compliance
- 3+ years of experience with business analysis and business intelligence
- Experience within CNP (card not present) subscription-based business model
- Experience with data analysis and data mining
- Experience with vendor management (payment processors, gateway partners, etc.)
- Experience with people management
Recruiters or staffing agencies: Spokeo is not obligated to compensate any external recruiter or search firm who presents a candidate or their resume or profile to a Spokeo employee without 1) a current, fully-executed agreement on file and 2) being assigned to the open position (as a search) via our applicant tracking solution.