Spokeo is seeking a Senior Build and Release Engineer to join us in Pasadena, CA.
Spokeo is a people search engine that both enlightens and empowers our customers. With over 12 billion records and 18 million visitors per month, we reconnect friends, reunite families, prevent fraud, and more. Every day our nimble team takes on enormous challenges in data science that push the limits of the cloud and search architecture.
- Build, maintain and continuously improve an infrastructure for multiple cross-functional development teams including source code repository, build tools and scripts, continuous integration infrastructure, packaging and deployment tools.
- Establish and maintain an agile development toolset including tools for managing user stories and product defects.
- Establish processes and tools to maintain code base integrity, including check-in validation rules and branch/merge processes.
- Investigate and recommend best practices for maintaining code quality, including the development of code metrics, code review workflows, code coverage measurement and the use of static and dynamic analysis tools.
- Influence and drive operational excellence best practices within the organization.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, equivalent experience, or related field required.
- 4+ years experience or background in Build and Release Engineering.
- 3+ years experience in programming in Ruby, and shell scripting.
- 3+ years experience with Jenkins, or other continuous integration tools.
- 3+ years experience setting up and/or maintaining automated build systems
- 1+ years of experience in a leadership role supporting a product development organization which has successfully delivered consumer-oriented products.
- In-Depth experience with one or more automated build tools, such as Ansible
- In-Depth experience with one or more version control systems, such as Git
- Good understanding of the integration between automated software tests and the build process.
- Familiarity with product development and test automation (Full-Stack Web Applications, Web Services), service-oriented architecture and/or micro-services
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful development metrics
- Experience with evaluating and integrating open source and in-house developed toolsets.
Recruiters or staffing agencies: Spokeo is not obligated to compensate any external recruiter or search firm who presents a candidate or their resume or profile to a Spokeo employee without 1) a current, fully-executed agreement on file and 2) being assigned to the open position (as a search) via our applicant tracking solution.