Spokeo is a people search engine that both enlightens and empowers our customers. With over 12 billion records and 18 million visitors per month, we reconnect friends, reunite families, prevent fraud, protect families and businesses, and more. Every day our nimble team takes on enormous challenges in data science that push the limits of the cloud and search architecture.
Spokeo is seeking a Manager of Data Engineer in Pasadena, CA to help build a state-of-the-art analytics platform. In this role, you will report directly to our CTO and be responsible for leading a cross-functional team with full-stack software developers and data engineers to deliver high-quality scalable data solutions that meet our data, reporting, and analytics needs. You will provide leadership and technical skills to champion and implement data governance, data integrity, data engineering standards, data integration, and QA best practices. You will partner closely with our VP of Analytics to understand requirements, provide technical guidance to the team, and ensure timely delivery of quality solutions.
- Lead and manage full-stack software developers and data engineers to build data solutions for our business intelligence needs
- Lead a cross-functional team in building a state-of-the-art data analytics platform
- Collaborate with data scientists, analysts, product managers, and executives to understand and fulfill our data needs
- Lead database development, data pipeline, integration, ETL, modeling, and data architecture using AWS technologies
- Define and manage SLA’s for all data sets and reporting processes
- Develop software engineering best practices, guidelines, procedures, and repeatable and scalable frameworks
- Document, automate, and enforce data quality, data integrity, and QA best practices
- 5+ years of experience managing full-cycle software development teams
- 5+ years of experience in Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing
- 5+ years of experience with cloud solutions (AWS, Redshift, Snowflake, other)
- 2+ years of experience with big data technologies (Spark, Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Kafka)
- Expertise in data lakes, warehouses, modeling, ETL, and big data platforms
- Expertise in RDBMS, SQL, query optimization, and security
- Experience with ETL tools (Informatica, Talend, Alteryx, Pentaho, etc.)
- Experience with web analytics tools (Google Analytics, Search Console, etc.)
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Management, or related field
- Attention to detail, excellent problem-solving ability, and strong communication skills
Recruiters or staffing agencies: Spokeo is not obligated to compensate any external recruiter or search firm who presents a candidate or their resume or profile to a Spokeo employee without 1) a current, fully-executed agreement on file and 2) being assigned to the open position (as a search) via our applicant tracking solution.