Spokeo is a people search engine that both enlightens and empowers our customers. With over 12 billion records and 18 million visitors per month, we reconnect friends, reunite families, prevent fraud, and more. Every day our nimble team takes on enormous challenges in data science that push the limits of the cloud and search architecture.
Spokeo is seeking a QA Specialist to join us in Pasadena, CA. As a QA Specialist, the organization will look to you to set an example of teamwork, technical ability, thoroughness, and quality while you work closely with Product Owners, Developers, and Designers on a cross-functional scrum team.
In addition to individual excellence, you will run consistent and stable releases/patches, coordinate bug bashes, and help shape exploratory and destructive testing events. Because of your efforts, the quality of production features will increase, the number of production issues will decrease, and our cross-functional scrum teams will release timely, quality features to production.
Our ideal candidate is driven by curiosity and passion for product quality, a drive to take on challenging and exciting projects as well as an unrelenting commitment to improve products, tools, and processes.
- Drive strategies and methods to improve test plans and process.
- Shape new features and products through exploratory and destructive testing.
- Ensure ongoing commitment to the customer experience through performance testing and monitoring.
- Work collaboratively with Product Owners on feature documentation and comprehensive test plans.
- Represent excellence in quality within cross-functional teams by preventing, reporting and resolving product design defects.
- Verify consistency in releases with a meticulous eye for visual-based testing across different devices, and browsers.
- Drive and own stable production releases/patches, through clear communication with multiple scrum teams and stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- 3+ years of Quality experience in Consumer facing applications.
- Highly methodical test discipline in functional and visual testing across different browsers and platforms.
- Able to work independently, and be flexible with changing priorities and simultaneous projects; strong ability to multitask.
- Experience in certifying, and driving consistent releases, as well as delivering within short release cycles.
- Strong analytical skills, detailed, and process oriented; ability to clearly define test cases, and document corner cases and dependencies others would not think of.
- A consumer-product sensibility; ability to test from a user perspective.
- Understanding of Agile software development life cycle methodologies.
- Ability to deeply understand the process, and dependencies of working within a cross-functional team.
- Experience with exception handlers, monitoring tools, and testing tools such as NewRelic, Kibana, Airbrake, BrowserStack or similar applications.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and work well with every department in the company.
Recruiters or staffing agencies: Spokeo is not obligated to compensate any external recruiter or search firm who presents a candidate or their resume or profile to a Spokeo employee without 1) a current, fully-executed agreement on file and 2) being assigned to the open position (as a search) via our applicant tracking solution.