Spokeo is a people search engine that both enlightens and empowers our customers. With over 12 billion records and 18 million visitors per month, we reconnect friends, reunite families, prevent fraud, and more. Every day our nimble team takes on enormous challenges in data science that push the limits of the cloud and search architecture.
We are seeking a Systems Engineer who understands and embraces the DevOps philosophy, can work closely with Scrum teams in an Agile workflow and is comfortable with cloud-based infrastructure. If you're excited about building big data architectures and creating a PaaS then you should talk to us.
- Contribute cross-functionally with Scrum teams to develop deployment strategies for new and existing services
- Evaluate and implement technologies that improve efficiency, robustness, performance, and security, at scale
- Develop and deliver creative solutions that automate systems engineer functions, reducing manual and unplanned effort
- Analyze, design, implement and validate strategies for streamlined CI/CD workflows
- Design and implement automated dynamic environments to support the needs of delivery teams
- Apply principles of best-practice, self-organization, autonomy, and continuous improvement to self and team
- Must have extensive experience designing, building, and managing solutions built on cloud-based infrastructures, AWS preferred
- Have worked at least one year on teams practicing agile methodology, using Scrum and/or Kanban
- Have excellent customer service and communication skills (verbal and written) to effectively collaborate with a diverse team of people across Business and Engineering Teams
- Be able to demonstrate depth and breadth of SysAdmin fundamentals, including mastery of one or more Linux distributions, virtualization, storage, networking, MySQL / NoSQL databases, scripting, and ability to troubleshoot high-usage, high-throughput systems
- Have written quality code to solve complex automation problems in one or more of these languages: Python, Ruby, Perl, or Go
- Have extensive hands-on development experience utilizing at least one Configuration Management system: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, SaltStack, etc.
- Have architected or developed a substantial programmable infrastructure using IaC tools such as Terraform and CloudFormation
- Understand SDLC and CI/CD models, with the ability to architect the workflow using tools like Git, Jenkins, Harness.io, Spinnaker, etc.
- Be able to gather and interpret metrics from monitoring tools like New Relic, CloudWatch, and Elastic Stack to make informed troubleshooting and performance tuning decisions
- Have architected or supported big data, ETL, and analytics platforms, such as Redshift, EMR / Hadoop, Apache Spark, DynamoDB, Hitachi Ventara / Pentaho, Tableau, etc.
- Be highly self-motivated and ready to learn new concepts and technologies
- Candidates with a B.S. degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field preferred
- Hands-on experience designing and delivering microservice architectures with Docker is a plus
- Team lead experience is a plus
Recruiters or staffing agencies: Spokeo is not obligated to compensate any external recruiter or search firm who presents a candidate or their resume or profile to a Spokeo employee without 1) a current, fully-executed agreement on file and 2) being assigned to the open position (as a search) via our applicant tracking solution.