Spokeo is a people search engine that both enlightens and empowers our customers. With over 12 billion records and 18 million visitors per month, we reconnect friends, reunite families, prevent fraud, and more. Every day our nimble team takes on enormous challenges in data science that push the limits of the cloud and search architecture.
As the Vice President of Data Analytics, you will be responsible for collecting, managing, and analyzing user data and product data to provide business intelligence solutions for Product, Marketing, Finance, and Operations teams. You will manage our team of action-oriented data scientists and analysts, lead and promote our data-focused culture, and act as a key stakeholder in enhancing our data technologies. This position reports directly to the CTO and is expected to have a high impact on the organization.
- Collect, manage, and analyze user and product data
- Identify, prepare, and analyze data across a wide range of domains
- Integrate data collection, data quality, and core model output into production
- Ensure and improve data integrity, data accuracy, and data quality
- Work with data engineering team to build a scalable data infrastructure that enables activity tracking, audience profiling, and other data analytics
- Establish best practices for big-data technologies, tools, and processes
- Own the process of model selection, accuracy, and efficiency
- Identify new data sources to enhance analytics
- Provide business intelligence across the organization
- Collaborate with all teams to find growth levers and optimization opportunities
- Define business questions and problem statements
- Offer actionable business recommendations based on empirical data and external factors
- Develop and manage audience profiling
- Manage and improve the LTV model
- Apply data mining techniques to uncover actionable product insights
- Manage user journey path, on-page activity, and other customer behavior
- Own and improve our A/B and MVT experimentation process
- Manage a high-performing team of data scientists and analysts
- Set the vision and strategy for analytics with a focus on creating customer value
- Establish a long-term roadmap for providing deep business intelligence
- Work with data engineers, ETL developers, and data architects
- Drive data-driven decisions and advance our data-focused culture
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Economics, Information Systems, Statistics, Operations Research, Applied Math, or any other related field
- 7+ years of experience in data analytics, web analytics, and marketing analytics
- 5+ years of experience with data warehouses and ETL
- 3+ years of experience managing data analysts, business analysts, data scientists, data engineers, and ETL engineers
- Expert experience with SQL for data transformations, profiling, and query tasks
- Experience with statistical and machine learning tools like Python, R, SAS, etc.
- Experience with ETL tools like Pentaho, Talend, and Informatica
- Experience with open-source big-data tools such as Spark, Hive, HBase, Parquet, Hadoop, HDFS, map-reduce, etc.
- Experience with cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.
- Experience with data visualization and BI tools like Tableau and Looker
- Experience with web analytics products like Google Analytics, Omniture, Snowplow, etc.
- Experience with A/B test and experimental designs
- Experience in agile environments such as Scrum and Kanban
- Great skills in communication and stakeholder management
Recruiters or staffing agencies: Spokeo is not obligated to compensate any external recruiter or search firm who presents a candidate or their resume or profile to a Spokeo employee without 1) a current, fully-executed agreement on file and 2) being assigned to the open position (as a search) via our applicant tracking solution.