Spokeo is a people search engine that both enlightens and empowers our customers. With over 12 billion records and 18 million visitors per month, we reconnect friends, reunite families, prevent fraud, and more. Every day our nimble team takes on enormous challenges in data science that push the limits of the cloud and search architecture.
As a Software Developer, Front-end, you will join a cross-functional scrum team that values achieving goals as well continues product and team improvement. You will build robust, UI/UX focused functionality for our website and create reusable and testable components. You will collaborate with back-end developers, designers, and a product manager to build web pages with cutting edge technologies.
- Building responsive, cross-browser compliant web pages using React, HTML5, and CSS3 on a Ruby on Rails platform.
- Keeping assets organized and optimized.
- Triaging visual and cross-browser/device defects.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Strong UX and responsive design experience.
- Ability to write standards-compliant, cross-browser, cross-device code.
- Knowledge of front-end performance issues and asset compression.
- Experience with a CSS in js components (styled-components, emotion.js, etc) is a plus.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails or other MVC architecture is a plus.
- Experience with Node.js is a plus.
Recruiters or staffing agencies: Spokeo is not obligated to compensate any external recruiter or search firm who presents a candidate or their resume or profile to a Spokeo employee without 1) a current, fully-executed agreement on file and 2) being assigned to the open position (as a search) via our applicant tracking solution.