Spokeo is a people search engine that both enlightens and empowers our customers. With over 12 billion records and 18 million visitors per month, we reconnect friends, reunite families, prevent fraud, and more. Every day our nimble team takes on enormous challenges in data science that push the limits of the cloud and search architecture.
As the Software Development Manager, ETL, you will lead and mentor the ETL team responsible for processing the public record data powering Spokeo’s people-search products. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of the challenges associated with big data aggregation with a focus on quality.
- Leading and mentoring the ETL development team, ensuring that best practices are implemented for data movement, data quality, data cleansing, and other ETL related activities.
- Assisting with and leveraging data profiling reports in order to drive processing decisions.
- Working with stakeholders to develop business logic for source-to-target data mappings and integration workflows.
- Providing data analysis and technical documentation for source to target mappings.
- Designing and developing ETL processes for initial loading and subsequent updates.
- Leveraging the Pentaho platform to extract, transform, and load data through development, testing, and integration of ETL routines, using ETL tools and external programming/scripting languages as necessary.
- Assisting in production support by resolving source data issues and refining transformation rules when needed.
- B.S. preferred in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- Minimum of five years of development experience with Pentaho, with a preference for seven years of ETL tool experience. Prefer Pentaho version 7.0 or higher.
- Minimum of three years of experience managing a team.
- Advanced SQL coding skills for data transformations, profiling, and query tasks.
- Experience in agile environments such as scrum and Kanban.
- Ability to motivate a team, recognize good talent and bring out the best out of each individual.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
- Preference for experience in Hadoop fundamentals and architecture: HDFS, map-reduce, job performance.
- Preference for open source big data skills in tools such as Hive, HBase, parquet, Spark.
Recruiters or staffing agencies: Spokeo is not obligated to compensate any external recruiter or search firm who presents a candidate or their resume or profile to a Spokeo employee without 1) a current, fully-executed agreement on file and 2) being assigned to the open position (as a search) via our applicant tracking solution.