space150’s New York office is seeking a full-time, Associate Creative Director - Design, who is a conceptual thinker, team leader, and high collaborator with a multidisciplinary background that includes digital product and experience design.
Reporting to the head of creative (CD) in New York, you will be responsible for pushing our creative teams to deliver work that is in line with our agency vision and mission. You will also partner with your strategy and account leads to represent space150 to one of our largest clients, pushing them to “think beyond the brief”.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Create and execute award-winning work by pushing the creative team to think beyond what the client has asked for.
- Direct, inspire and motivate a team of designers and writers to ideate and execute work that challenges the status quo.
- Inform insightful design ideas through a strong understanding of client’s business objectives and brand consumer, and competitive landscape.
- Lead the effort to translate established creative direction into conceptual ideas and be accountable for aligning creative with strategy, user experience and technology.
- Support the strategic and visionary direction of the Creative Department, the NYC office, and space150 overall.
- Be responsible for creating on-brand, on-strategy, compelling creative and digital campaigns for clients.
- Contribute to, and follow strategic creative direction of CD.
- Understand and translate client’s business objectives, brand, consumer and competitive landscape to creative team in orer to lead to insightful ideas.
HOW YOU’LL DO IT
- Demonstrate a personal knowledge of design and current state-of-the-art techniques.
- Show an excellent understanding of digital best practices and exhibit versatility.
- Be an expert in conceptual thinking and big ideas, and also be able to get your hands dirty and get it done when you need to.
- Expand your personal knowledge and versatility beyond current expertise through seeking out new and interesting technologies, strategies, mediums, and ideas.
- Supervise day-to-day work of design teams, working with CD to establish goals and growth plans for the creative staff.
- Mentor and train designers and broader creative team, providing critique and guidance.
- Be responsible for team retention and growth, as you work to continually develop your communication and management skills.
- Partner with producers and project managers to qualify, prioritize and delegate workloads for your teams.
- Collaborate with other department leads to elevate creative output and processes.
- Participate in constructive inter-department and agency initiatives, and community outreach.
- Provide thought-leadership on industry, disciplines and education.
- Demonstrate a strong presentation skills to sell the work and keep it sold.
- Manage small to mid-size projects, directing all phases of the creative process from concept through production.
- Collaborates with your strategy lead(s) to develop a strong creative brief per project.
- Lead brainstorms to deliver high-quality ideas on brief, budget and time.
- Effectively and efficiently apply conceptual, strategic thinking to all projects.
- Interact and engage with Director and VP-level clients on a regular basis.
- Negotiate and help resolve issues related to budget, workflow and overall creative needs at a project level to find solutions that work for all involved.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR FROM YOU:
- 7+ years of digital and/or advertising design/art direction experience
- 3+ years of experience managing team(s)
- Your book. Multidisciplinary background is a plus.
- Extensive client engagement experience with the ability to present and pitch creative ideas.
- Super-human verbal and written presentation skills.
- A team player who enjoys partnering with account, strategy, project and tech.
- Curiosity for new technologies and emerging trends.
- Highly responsible, collaborative and self-motivated.
- This is a full-time position. Freelance need not apply.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary
- Hip office located in The Bowery
- Fun, diverse humans who will become your extended family; supporting you, coaching you, and who are always down to grab drinks or coffee with you for any old reason (or no reason at all).
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- A whole host of your typical (and not-so-typical) company benefits.