WHAT YOU’LL DO
- As a seasoned digital designer, you will create and execute award-winning work by pushing the creative team to think beyond what the client has asked for, knowing that good enough is never good enough.
- Direct, inspire and motivate a team of designers and copywriters to ideate and execute work that challenges the status quo.
- Make and inform insightful design ideas through a strong understanding of client’s business objectives and brand consumer, and competitive landscape.
- Lead the effort to translate established creative direction into conceptual ideas and be accountable for aligning creative with strategy, user experience and technology.
- Support the strategic and visionary direction of the Creative Department, the NYC office, and space150 overall.
HOW YOU’LL DO THIS
- Flex your strong presentation skills to sell the work and keep it sold.
- Collaborate with other department leads to elevate creative output and processes.
- Participate in constructive inter-department and agency initiatives.
- Provide community outreach.
- Provide thought-leadership on industry, disciplines and education.
- Maintain an active list of vendor resources (I.e., writers, designers, photographers, etc.).
- Lead, mentor, and train young creative teams and critique their work.
- Qualify, prioritize and delegate workloads for your team(s).
- Be responsible for team retention and growth, as you work to continually develop your communication and management skills.
- Work with CD to develop goals and growth plans for the creative staff.
- Support CD in managing the creative staff, as well as helping to review staff.
- Get your hands dirty and create, while also managing a wide range of digital projects
- Direct all phases of creative work from concept through production.
- Work with your producers to help scope and estimate projects.
- Assure projects are kicked off with a strong brief and schedule that works for all.
- Lead brainstorms to deliver high quality ideas on brief, budget and time.
- Collaborates with your strategy lead(s) to develop a strong creative brief per project.
- Effectively and efficiently apply conceptual, strategic thinking to all projects.
- Interact with clients at Director and VP-level.
- Negotiate and debates issues related to budget, workflow and overall creative needs at a project level to find solutions that work for all involved.
- Works with CD to ensure creative exceeds space150 and clients' expectations:
- Create and execute award-winning work that achieves clients’ objectives.
- Be responsible for creating on-brand, on-strategy, compelling creative and digital campaigns for clients.
- Contribute to, and follow strategic creative direction of CD and CCO and Account staff.
- Understand and translate client’s business objectives, brand, consumer and competitive landscape to creative team in order to lead to insightful ideas.
- Demonstrate a personal knowledge of design and current state-of-the-art techniques.
- Show an excellent understanding of digital best practices and exhibit versatility.
- Be an expert in conceptual thinking and big ideas.
- Expand your personal knowledge and versatility beyond current expertise through seeking out new and interesting technologies, strategies, mediums, and ideas.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR FROM YOU:
- 7+ years of digital and/or advertising design/art direction experience required
- 3+ years of experience managing team(s)
- Strong creative portfolio. Multidisciplinary background is a plus.
- Extensive client engagement experience. Experience working with clients at the Director and VP Level is a preferred.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Curiosity for new technologies and emerging trends
- Highly responsible, collaborative and self-motivated
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary
- Hip office located in The Bowery
- Fun, diverse humans who will become your extended family; supporting you, coaching you, and who are always down to grab drinks or coffee with you for any old reason (or no reason at all).
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- A whole host of your typical (and not-so-typical) company benefits.
BE BOLD. APPLY.