You are an Art Director with a strong digital design background. You have the courage to concept breakthrough ideas and the ability to see them through. You have excellent design and visual aesthetic chops and are well versed in design programs, as well as dabeling in illustration, motion-graphics and video editing. You love photography and see yourself as more than capable behind the lens.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Own projects and create concepts and ideas that meet and exceed the requirements of the brief
- Consistently carry a brand’s look and feel through all media
- Design more than what’s asked for because you know that good enough isn’t good enough
- Captivate clients during presentations without freaking out over their feedback
- Lead, mentor, and train young creative teams and critique their work
- Participate in constructive inter-department and agency initiatives
- Plan and direct many aspects of assigned projects, making sure that you and others assigned to a project meet project goals and timelines
- Lead the effort to translate established creative direction into conceptual ideas
- Qualify, prioritize, and delegate workloads for your team(s)
- Understand the scope of a project and assist with estimation
- Manage many internal details of assigned projects--including finding and/or choosing photographers and working and coordinating with Production and Account staff
- Create and execute award-winning work
- Push the creative team to think beyond what the client has asked for
- Inform insightful design ideas through a strong understanding of client’s business objectives and brand consumer, and competitive landscape
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR FROM YOU:
- 5+ years of digital and/or advertising design/art direction experience required
- Strong, diverse creative portfolio
- Able to command different visual styles/tones using latest creative software
- Excellent presentation skills
- Curiosity for new technologies and emerging trends
- Experience mentoring or managing associates and/or interns
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary
- Hip office located in The Bowery
- Fun, diverse humans who will become your extended family; supporting you, coaching you, and who are always down to grab drinks or coffee with you for any old reason (or no reason at all).
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- A whole host of your typical (and not-so-typical) company benefits.
BE BOLD. APPLY.